Skip to content

2.5 patch

Hi!
I read in the news section that the 2.5 patch had arrived. However, when I start the game there is no install button (I have the Beamdog Client version) and it still says I have version 1.4. Am I missing something?
/J

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    MrSexton said:

Hi!
    I read in the news section that the 2.5 patch had arrived. However, when I start the game there is no install button (I have the Beamdog Client version) and it still says I have version 1.4. Am I missing something?
    /J

if you have the Beamdog Client, the retail version should allow you to update. I just did some days ago. So either you have the old Beamdog Client or you are on the beta branch which doesn't allow you to update.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396

MrSexton said:

Hi!
    /J

if you have the Beamdog Client, the retail version should allow you to update. I just did some days ago. So either you have the old Beamdog Client or you are on the beta branch which doesn't allow you to update.
    I've never done anything beta so how do I get the new client? I've always been able to update without problems before (BGEE, BGIIEE and SOD).
    /J
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Make sure you use the client that is supported - https://www.beamdog.com/about/client
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396

Make sure you use the client that is supported - https://www.beamdog.com/about/client

I think I used the word "client" wrongly. The way I've updated the Beamdog games before is simply by starting them and then pressing "Update" (there are two buttons "Update" and "Play Game"). Is this no longer the case?

/J
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, most likely you talk about Legacy launchers which are no longer supported.

Don't worry about using the new Client much - if you won't like then you can just launch the games from their .exe directly.