Skip to content

Does the BG1NPC mod work with the latest beta patch on Steam?

georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
Hi all

I opt in for the Steam beta patch and then removed the NPC mod and reinstalled the latest version.

However my dialog options seem all mixed up. Like for instance speaking with Imoen let me refer to her as Neera???

Haven't played with the NPC mod before so I don't know if this is intended (highly doubt it though).

So should I uninstall BGEE + SoD and delete the Steam folder and reinstall from scratch and not opt in to the beta?

Will I then after running modmerge and installing the NPC pack be able to properly play it with the stable version from Steam?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    The beta of BG:EE does not work well with SoD so any weird dialog responses can be caused by having SoD installed while opting in to the beta.
    georgelappies
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179

The beta of BG:EE does not work well with SoD so any weird dialog responses can be caused by having SoD installed while opting in to the beta.

Thanks, so uninstalling SoD and using the latest beta will work 100% with the NPC mod?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I don't know if BG1NPC is already compatible with the 2.5 (beta-)patch. You could ask about it in this topic.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I know that AstroBryGuy is already working on BG1NPC Project compatibility with the 2.5 patch. There are some content addition to the game which needs to be considered in the mod (e.g. Kargain and the caravan etc.).
    Which also means that it's probably not fully compatible without some changes.
    georgelappies
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    jastey said:

I know that AstroBryGuy is already working on BG1NPC Project compatibility with the 2.5 patch. There are some content addition to the game which needs to be considered in the mod (e.g. Kargain and the caravan etc.).
    Which also means that it's probably not fully compatible without some changes.

Great, thanks for the information.