Skip to content

Durlag's Tower Not Showing On World Map

I could not wait any longer for SoD to come out on Android so bought myself a laptop and BG EE to start a full run through. I am currently a level 8 Assassin with a full party of NPC and on chapter 5. I have cleared all the wilderness quests and thought it was about time I went to Durlag's tower to get the tome of wisdom as I want to duel to a Cleric at level 13, however Durlag's Tower is not showing on my map. I have been to Ulgorh's Beard and declined Ike's tour, I have volunteered to look for Hurgon's dagger and brought the ward token from Galken and still Durlag's Tower is not showing on the world map. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    try going to the area where you fight the basilisks and then exit that map to the right, and see if that helps
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    sarevok57 said:

try going to the area where you fight the basilisks and then exit that map to the right, and see if that helps

I will give that a go. It was never a problem on android it just used to show up.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I thought it was further south than that. I'm fairly sure it's 'south' of Firewine Bridge (either that or 'south' of Ulcaster).

P.S I didn't think you could exit the basilisk map to the right/east.
    dunbar said:

I thought it was further south than that. I'm fairly sure it's 'south' of Firewine Bridge (either that or 'south' of Ulcaster).

I have tried to get to the tower from all the adjoining areas but without any success. I read somewhere that I need to be on chapter 7 but have never experienced this before.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited February 2018
    10Bazza11 said:

dunbar said:

I have tried to get to the tower from all the adjoining areas but without any success. I read somewhere that I need to be on chapter 7 but have never experienced this before.
    I'm not sure what's going on with your game, but I can assure you you can access the tower long before chapter 7.

EDIT: wrong map, sorry!

Does this help? Try accessing it from one of the adjacent areas, you might have forgotten one of them. Though I can't remember ever having any trouble finding the tower before so you might've stumbled into a bug.
    Post edited by Dev6 on
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I just checked with v2.3 and found it by traveling north from Gullykin.
    North from Gullykin? :\
    That doesn't seem right but I can't access the game right now to check.
    joluv said:

I just checked with v2.3 and found it by traveling north from Gullykin.

Do I need to speak to the hafling first as he mentions going to the tower. I have completed the Gullykin quest.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    @Dev6 that's not the worldmap for unmodded BGEE. Durlag's Tower doesn't appear automatically on the map, but it's not necessary to start any quest to go there - as @Sarevok57 suggests just go to the basilisk area and exit to the east.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    No, I just jumped there and traveled.

Well I was trying to help and happened to look at the wrong map, lol. I'll edit the post.
    Hope the OP can find it now.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Okay soooo, the world map must have changed between v1.3 and v2.x.
    I'm still playing v1.3 and my map is the same as the one posted by @Dev6 .
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Sorry - I should have made that clear. The world map did indeed change slightly in v2.0.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    dunbar said:

Okay soooo, the world map must have changed between v1.3 and v2.x.
    I'm still playing v1.3 and my map is the same as the one posted by @Dev6 .

the old way was exit right from Nashkel Carnival
    I have not had a chance to try any of your suggestions yet will look at trying them out tonight. I think that may be the case that I was used to playing on 1.3 android and I am now on steam 2.3 so that makes sense. I will let you know how I get on tonight.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    Dev6 said:

North from Gullykin? :\
    That doesn't seem right but I can't access the game right now to check.

The location of the tower was changed with the recent paches from being East of the Nashkel Carnival to East of the Basilisk Garden. Preferred the old location personally but it is as it is.