Skip to content

Ai micromanaging

Hi everyone, i got a question (not sure where i had to post this so i did it in the gm section, if it is not ok im sorry)

The other day i downloaded a module i want to dm for some friends on NWN:EE but i love to micromanage every encounter, so i want to know if there is a way or console command to disable the AI temporally so i could micromanage combat and stuff and not let the AI take over, if anyone knows let me know, thanks!

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Simply take control of a monster and become it, then destroy the players!
    NotsagTelperos
  • NotsagTelperosNotsagTelperos Member Posts: 9

Simply take control of a monster and become it, then destroy the players!

Hahaha, i do that all the time, but no, what I mean is to try and simulate turn based combat, make the monsters stay in place until I command them to move or take any action, is there any way to do that? (It would be like disabling the ai for a short while)
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Yeah! Tell the players not to do any action until you say they can. Make all monsters Neutral to the players. Then destroy the players!
    NotsagTelperos

Yeah! Tell the players not to do any action until you say they can. Make all monsters Neutral to the players. Then destroy the players!

That is a great idea! I will try that, thanks!
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Try pausing the game, then possess a creature, give it a command, unpossess, possess next one, etc. Then when you unpause they will all do their actions. Gives PCs time to decide as well.
    We had a test run game yesterday with a couple of friends and this is how it went,

To clarify we are using NWN in a weird way, we are using it as a sort of auto tabletop tool instead of actually playing it normally, all of us have notebooks so we gather around my table (or do it online at least on the test run) and roll the dice as we normally would in a PnP setting, using the created characters in game as character sheets (and i use the monsters in game as my monster manual)

hope i didn't lose anyone with that explanation.

Anyway, what i did is set the Hostile faction setting on the NWN editor to be neutral with the PCs, and that kinda did the job, they stood waiting until they were attacked or until i gave the order to attack ( and this is the weird thing, we don't usually make them fight, its just a reminder where everyone is standing and we roleplay the combat), soo that kinda worked.
    Sylvus_MoonbowAtrophiedericdunahanDerpCity
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    You can probably figure out an easy way to add a grid to the tilesets you're using,, for movement purposes.