Skip to content

Check this out at neverwintervault.org!

JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
Hi folks,

Go check out neverwintervault.org for so much awesome content it'll knock your chainmail socks off.

I mean, look at this dinosaur! Jim Morrison reincarnated!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/custom-content-challenge-december-2017-dinosaurs

Okay, carry on.

-JFK

Comments

• SelpheaSelphea Member Posts: 23
    Amazing detail! Really shows you can make an old game look new.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Nice work!

Is this content already available at the Steam Workshop?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    @fetito666 No.

Here's a guide on how to use material that's exclusively available at the Vault.

In general, only a few established NWN authors have published on Steam, for various reasons - interest / awareness hasn't really taken off yet, and, for some, Steam has a bad reputation. One or two have even explicitly forbidden reproduction of their work there.

Personally, while recognizing that Steam isn't an unequivocal blessing, I figure that it would be good for the game to encourage more publication on the Workshop, so my modules are there.

Everyone can help to promote this here at the Beamdog forum, on Steam, and at the Vault. The message I'd like to come across is that NWN is a relatively civilised community, as we always have been (not a safe haven for pirates or trolls) and that Steam is an opportunity to get lots of subscribers / positive ratings.
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    edited May 2018
    Some stuff is on Steam and the Vault. It's a case-by-case basis whether the content creator decides to host on both. If you head to the Vault, you'll see all the stuff, and can find out whether it is or will be hosted on Steam by contacting the author, if you don't want to get it from the Vault for whatever reason. The Vault is perfectly safe, and works quite well for picking and choosing, but everyone will have preferences. :)

My own take is to simply try to highlight that there is a LOT of stuff available for NWN. I want as many people as possible to be aware of neverwintervault.org and the trove of great stuff people have created for this game. Steam v. Vault or any other things, please set aside here, and let's just have a focus on highlighting the great content at the Vault.
    The rest will fall out in time, I think.

So, HUZZAH for neverwintervault.org !!

;)

-JFK
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Sure, there's no Steam v Vault thing. Steam is convenient for players who have the Steam version, Vault is good for everyone, including players who have other versions and builders, so there's no conflict.

It's more about helping authors & players feel comfortable with both sites.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    JFK said:

Hi folks,

Go check out neverwintervault.org for so much awesome content it'll knock your chainmail socks off.

I mean, look at this dinosaur! Jim Morrison reincarnated!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/custom-content-challenge-december-2017-dinosaurs

Okay, carry on.

-JFK

Ugg that reminds me I promised to clean up the animation on them. So much CC stuff, so little time. Great models though.