Skip to content

Unusual questions about installation...

GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
I posted this over in support but was told I should post it here. Input is welcome.

OK - I'm sure this is an odd situation but here it is -

I would very much like to use the title I just purchased (NWN:EE) in the following way -

I am the administrator of a NWN server since 2007 and we will be needing to run the server software on our linux server. My players have been clamoring to get this done so this is a priority.

MORE as I am going to be in the vanguard of playtesters (logging in to the server to test things in the module) I will need to be using the player and DM client software on this (laptop) linux system.

Lastly, I do my building on a desktop windows 7 system that NEVER touches the Internet (in part because Windows 10, but also because having that pristine windows 7 rig is nice) so I'll need to install and run the toolset on that desktop rig. Of course, I cannot do either of the prior things (server-hosting nor playtesting) without first running my module through your version of the toolset.

How do I best accomplish this given the restrictions of license and eula? Do I need more than one copy purchased to accomplish this? How do I get the software installed on my 'never connects to the internet' system?

I am on a very limited budget here (I am disabled, NWN is my hobby). How do we address my goals best?

Regards,

GM_ODA

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!
    Sorry it took me so long to reply - I have been checking with the Team.

If you bought from Beamdog.com, NWN:EE is DRM free, so you'll have no issues (with what you suggest).

If you download the game on one machine and move the files to another via USB, you should be good to go.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    My apologies to take so long to get back to you on this (I had been directed to watch the zendesk for a reply and missed this one).

I purchased 2 (TWO) copies of the game from beamdog.com one for my own use one for the lead scripter.

My main concern was to have the legitimate number of copies to cover our various systems. There are only two of us using the software (although I run two rigs one for building one for play/dm/testing). Our server - based on what you say here, it will not need a separate licensed copy? Like the original NWN, you do provide a linux version of the server software, right?

Thanks in advance.

GM_ODA
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!

It would be "Yes" to both questions.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    MANY thanks!