Skip to content

The Toolset user interface (UI) upgrades card discussion

2»

Comments

• dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2018
    I would like to bump this thread with @TarotRedhand wishlist from here:
    [URL=https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69329/shooting-for-the-moon#latest]EatMe[/URL]
    Sry for this Alice-in-wonderland-like shortcut, but he remembers me for this big grinning cat (don't know its name in english, I called in german Grinsekatze) ;)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    @dunahan in English, "Cheshire cat".

• KethaKetha Member Posts: 10
    Could you make variables save and load like script sets? Would love this for area variables especially.
  • CaveGnomeCaveGnome Member Posts: 1
    A simple (i hope) request.

On the 1.69 conversation editor wizard, there are 2 icons options on the left panel: Expand all (expand all conversation threads) and Collapse All. Would you be kind enough to add to the improved EE toolbox: "Expand a single branch" and "Collapse a single branch". Another good thing could be an option to visualise the used script file names (small font?) at the right places in the conversation tree. Thanks. CG
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited May 2018
    Another good thing could be an option to visualise the used script file names (small font?) at the right places in the conversation tree. Thanks. CG

I would modify that slightly by suggesting that tooltips are used to display this information. Less visual clutter that way.

TR
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    CaveGnome said:

A simple (i hope) request.

On the 1.69 conversation editor wizard, there are 2 icons options on the left panel: Expand all (expand all conversation threads) and Collapse All. Would you be kind enough to add to the improved EE toolbox: "Expand a single branch" and "Collapse a single branch".

You can navigate through tree nodes and expand/collapse them with arrow keys on the keyboard.
    Has any of these suggestions made it onto the trello?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Ketha said:

This card is already on Trello, and more so - it's on the Roadmap. But it's in the "Needs more Discussion" category, which is why every comment being made in this thread is priceless (it goes straight to the developers).
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    I've mentioned these elsewhere, but maybe they need to be here:
    • View Skybox Feature
    • Save/Load Variable Sets (in the same vein as Saving/Loading Script Sets and Spell Lists)
    • Ability to change channel on tileset terrain squares instead of it being random as it is in its current state; make it like a toggle.

Ketha said:

This card is already on Trello, and more so - it's on the Roadmap. But it's in the "Needs more Discussion" category, which is why every comment being made in this thread is priceless (it goes straight to the developers).
    Thank you so much.
    edited June 2018
    Having looked at that card I have a comment to make. While having the ability to have
    Multiple windows open at once

would be nice I feel that what the toolset really needs is a proper tabbed interface like I suggested ages ago in the thread I started called "Shooting For the Moon". Each tab having an area or script open in it. A good model of what I am talking about here would be the current version of Visual Basic -

But not quite so busy :)

TR
    I don't recall having seen my next thought although I could be mistaken. This one is really, really easy to implement as well. Please expand the Most Recently Opened/Used files list to at least 10 entries if not more.

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    The card has been moved to the Icebox.

From here:

"Icebox List
    Cards in the Icebox list are features we've investigated and want to tackle but they are not the highest priority yet."

Anyway, if you have questions about this feature request, feel free to ask them during a livestream(s).

Closing the thread for now. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It is very valuable for the team.
This discussion has been closed.