Skip to content

[v1.7] Pai'Na, a half-drow hivemaster druid NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

It would have fit the HM class nice if in the game, druids could charm some spiders, at least the normal giant spiders, they should have given them some control over critters other than just ppl and mammals( Charm person/mammal, their spell). It might have been possible given that the Cloak of Algernon could.

My ol hivemaster is working through some issues :'( at having to hurt them thar lil ol spiders so much. I try and sleep or fear them with wands as much as possible though. Although I have been giving some of them the benefit of shapechanging to spiderform first for the 'Best of the Best' sort of thing as befits true predators. Yeah, I get into the class. ;)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Fixing an oversight across all my NPC mods: my .cre files were not flagged to ignore LoB mode, meaning they will all gain the level and hit point boosts and become insanely overpowered as a result. I've released updates to fix this issue, so my NPCs are now usable in LoB.
  • LampertsLamperts Member Posts: 13
    I just installed this mod, and I love the idea but when i recruit her she doesn't have any proficiency points, or any of her personnel items or any weapons. Is there a way to fix this?
    Lamperts said:

I just installed this mod, and I love the idea but when i recruit her she doesn't have any proficiency points, or any of her personnel items or any weapons. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm afraid I've never encountered a bug like this in my testing. Can you try using the console to spawn a new Pai'Na (SPPAIN) and see if the same thing happens?
    I managed to figure out and fix the bug mentioned above. How it happened is beyond bizarre though...
    v1.4 adds a few bonuses to the hivemaster kit. It's also possible to ask Pai'Na to teach the PC to become a hivemaster, which she'll agree to if she likes the PC (i.e. has talked with them enough times). The requirements are that the PC must be a single-classed, kitless druid.
    ZaghoulMateoFrozenThacoBellAedan
    edited September 2017
    Yess! I'm glad to see ya got round to this kit and Pai'nai again. I really like the bonuses you gave to the kit. I had been waiting for some of these until playing one again, as these really add flavor to the hivemaster. The immunity to web really make the shapeshifts more viable. The teaching and mentoring of Pai'Nai for basr druids is a fantastic idea.
    Great changes Arte, thanks for reworking and improving things. :)
    Did you ever happen to find out why the spider spawn spell, when cast by the hivemaster did not add the bonus duration for lvls (over the base duration)?

EDIT: Oh, Forgot to ask, does this version still include a stand alone HM kit for use in BG/SoD, that I was using before?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    bg 2 content?
    @Arthas

This is for BG2 only...
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Arthas said:

bg 2 content?

I'm assuming you are asking if this mod will work in vanilla bg2. Am I right ?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Mateofrozen: yup

sorry Artemius I wasn't clear x.x

Beside, any chance you could add content for BG1, inside the arachno forest?
    Highly unlikely.
    I may be reading this wrong and the mod has changed. I had it so Hivemaster would install the kit in BGEE/SoD but am having an issue with the latest version installing in BGEE.
    Any ideas looking at the debug file?
    @Zaghoul

Don't install the mod in BG:EE.

I'm adding the hivemaster to my work in progress kitpack separately so that it'll be compatible with either BG:EE or BG2:EE. It won't work here.
    Zaghoul
    edited December 2017
    Thanks. The changes to the class advantages since I first played the earlier hivemaster kit fit nicely. Good stuff.
    EDIT: You might keep an eye out for the problem I mentioned awhile back about the Spider Spawn not counting caster lvls (just base duration) for duration on a kitted PC. Not sure why it was doing so.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    :D Damn, another NPC mod that I now HAVE to try, since it seems you have added more banters.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    @Artemius_I, thanks for a great mod.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Artemius_I Would you have any interest in making a standalone hivemaster kit for BG1 and 2?
    @ThacoBell

If I did that I'd have to give the kit actual disadvantages ;)
    ThacoBell

@ThacoBell

Nah ;) balance is overrated.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    ThacoBell said:

@ThacoBell

Nah ;) balance is overrated.
    ThacoBell
    @SharGuidesMyHand I do not plan on marrying @Artemius_I ;)
    Erstarrung
    ThacoBell said:

@SharGuidesMyHand I do not plan on marrying @Artemius_I ;)

If you did, then maybe we could get our hivemaster kit. ;)
    ThacoBell
    ThacoBell said:

@Artemius_I Would you have any interest in making a standalone hivemaster kit for BG1 and 2?

*cough* and maybe IWD:EE *cough*
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by TheArtisan on
    SharGuidesMyHandThacoBellZaghoul
    I "liked" even before clicking the download button. ;)
    ThacoBellZaghoul
    @Artemius_I Is, is this a proposal? :D

Very kind of you to release this, I know you were hesitant to. Thanks bunches!
    Zaghoul
    Shapeshifting ability appears at lvl 1 instead of 5th (huge spider) and crashes BG1 game when attempting to shapeshift.
    @Zaghoul

Fixed both issues.
    ZaghoulThacoBell

Back to the topic of Pai'Na, is she able to challenge Faldorn for the druid grove in the same way that Jaheira and Cernd can?
    Saber83