Skip to content

BGEE - stuck in loop, Duke sends me to Candlekeep but i'm wanted for murder!

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
So how do I get around this? I finally meet the Duke who sends me to Candlekeep. But I've already been there and killed the leaders of the IronThrone. As soon as I show up in CK I'm arrested, charged with murder and have to escape through the catacombs....again.

What did I miss?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    What should happen is that you meet Duke Eltan. Only he can send you back to Candlekeep. After you escape, he should no longer be present. So either you got back to Candlekeep without talking to him or he's not leaving as he should?

First question is whether your game is modded or if you have you used the console or a save editor.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    Only mod installed is EEKeeper. And yes, I met the Duke and told him the IT was in Candlekeep, and then he sends me back there. But I get arrested as soon as I walk in the gate and the whole "you have murdered the IT in cold blood and must go to jail" bit starts all over again.
    And I do have the console commands enabled.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Can you zip and attach a save please otherwise it is a guessing game.

My first guess is that your game may not be on chapter 7
    Check what the journal says or use console command C:GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")
    Set to chapter 7 if not there C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
    elminster
    Actually I may be able to shed some better light on this. So when I get back to BG (after escaping from the catacombs under Candlekeep) I do the Thieves Guild quest line, and then do the Flaming Fist quest line. After a few quests Scar (Flaming Fist Commander) asks me to meet the Duke. I tell him the Iron Throne are meeting in Candlekeep (as opposed to "I killed them all earlier") and he sends me back to Candlekeep only to be arrested and tried for murder, rescued by a friend, fight through the catacombs....etc.

Looking at my game now and it is still showing chapter 6. So how would I advance it to chapter 7? I'm a bit lost I think.
    Actually, nvm, as soon as I tell the Duke the IT are in CK he sends me there, triggering the start of Ch.7 and I'm arrested as soon as I set foot in CK and that is where the loop effect kicks in.
    Ok, I think i figured out how to break the loop. I accepted the Duke teleport to go to CK but as soon as I hit the ground I fast travel back to BG and is seems things have updated and the ch 7 quest line has begun.