Skip to content

Divine Remix, Deities of Faerun, or Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms?

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
I'm looking to flesh out the way Divine magic works and the selection of cleric / paladin kits which are available. That said I'm looking at the following mods:

Divine Remix,
Deities of Faerun
Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms

I'm looking at them from the stand point of which one would be most compatible with other mods, and / or which have been updated most recently.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2018
    Hi :) I'm the author of DoF.

My mod is on hold ATM, but all of its components are working well. It can (and should!) be used with FnP's sphere system, but is not compatible with its cleric kits.

The idea behind DoF is to reproduce the several cleric kits as close as possible to PnP - and that is the main difference between it and DR/FnP. It is an ambitious project made mainly by me (with a lot of support from other people like @kjeron and @Ulb ) and its current state (24 kits) is about 25% of what I intend to make. It also provides kits for every single cleric NPC from BG(2)EE and SoD (including some added by mods), gives more stronghold options in BG2 for some kits (like Tyr) and provides new special abilities (like Selune's Shooting Star).

FnP is a great mod, have great support from @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad

DR from @CamDawg is a classic but I didn't notice any updates on it for a long time.

You sure will have fun with any of them.

• Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    You've stated the DoF kits are not compatible with the kits from FnP, is there a way to install just the spheres aspect of FnP and the kits aspect from your mod?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

You've stated the DoF kits are not compatible with the kits from FnP, is there a way to install just the spheres aspect of FnP and the kits aspect from your mod?

Yes, you can do that. Install DoF before FnP and everything will work fine.

Be aware that DoF alters the base class cleric, so you will need to chose a kit otherwise you'll just have a lame fighter with no spells.

@subtledoctor claiming that the mods are compatible should be a rock-solid argument but, despite the fact that I always use FnP's sphere system with DoF, I never use its kits so I can't confirm or deny that.
    @Raduziel Thank you for the feed back and clarification. I'll take you suggestion and use DoF and FnP together. Is there any chance / timeline that you will be returning to the DoF project and adding more content to it? You had stated it is on hold.

@Raduziel Thank you for the feed back and clarification. I'll take you suggestion and use DoF and FnP together. Is there any chance / timeline that you will be returning to the DoF project and adding more content to it? You had stated it is on hold.

I have a life-changing test for a life-changing job on September and my kid will be born on July, so DoF is on the bottom of my list of priorities at the moment - the only thing I'm currently doing is immediately fixing any reported bug.

I'll try to officially release the Dead Three (Bhaal and Bane are done, only Myrkul needs to be made) and some improvement for cleric-NPCs that are not joinable until the next Sunday (May-19), but that is not a promise.

After that, I'll release one kit or two everytime I can, but time is a scarce commodity for me right now.

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

I'm looking to flesh out the way Divine magic works and the selection of cleric / paladin kits which are available. That said I'm looking at the following mods:

Divine Remix,
    Deities of Faerun
    Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms

I'm looking at them from the stand point of which one would be most compatible with other mods, and / or which have been updated most recently.

Any suggestions?

Lazlo, as in beyond the supernatural? One of my favorite rpgs.

I need to do an update for fnp, particularly to make new spells play better with everybody else (based on advice from camdawg). The biggest aspect of fnp regarding compatibility is the sphere system. New cleric/druid/paladin/ranger kits may not get spells correctly if they are not specifically made compatible with fnp by the author (as already mentioned raz has ensured that DoF kits are compatible.)

Lets see, FnP should be compatible with spell revisions. I'm not sure about dr
    Nice, thanks for the heads up regarding compatibility with SR!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited May 2018

FnP should be compatible with spell revisions. I'm not sure about dr

DR kits (only) are 100% compatible with FnP - code is in /lib/mod_kit_spheres.tpa
    Lol, no I wasn't clear. I was saying that I'm not sure if dr--i.e. the new spells--is/are compatible with sr.

Edit: that is, you always want to install sr first, but with dr, you may get duplicate versions -- not duplicates, really, but different implementations--of certain spells
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on