Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights EE in windowed mode....

I just downloaded Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, and when I went to start playing, I opened the Beamdog client, clicked on the Neverwinter Nights button, and when the game opened, it is in windowed mode. How do I get it to play in full screen mode? btw, I saw that I have to open the Beamdog client to play Neverwinter Nights, is there a way to get a NWN shortcut on my desktop?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What platform are you on? Fullscreen currently doesn't work on Linux (the team are working on it).

For other platforms:

Alt+Enter

Also, NWN.ini:

[Display Options]
    FullScreen=1

A way to get a NWN shortcut on my desktop - yes, navigate to the game folder, find the .exe file and create a shortcut. This way you'll need the Client only to get updates.
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    First and foremost, thank you for the advice about the NWN shortcut, your instructions worked just fine. I am very appreciative! As for the windowed/full screen mode situation, I tried the alt-enter suggestion, but the NWN screen remains windowed. I am using Windows 10, btw. Your thoughts? (Thanks for your help)
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hmm, do you, by chance, have User Account Control on?

It should work.

Or try the NWN.ini file (which you can find in Documents - Neverwinter Nights)
    I am going to be perfectly honest with you, I don't know much about this sort of thing. What is User Account Control? I had a copy of NWN from GOG.com, but the program was botched and I couldn't save my characters. Henceforth, I opted to use Beamdog. I thought I had uninstalled the GOG version, the shortcut is gone from my desktop, but I just looked through my Start programs list, and ta-da, there is the GOG version. What I want to try, and stop me if this is a dumb move, but I need to uninstall the GOG NWN before I try anything else. Can you recommend a way to uninstall it completely? I know this is not your burden, but again, I don't know much about this and could use all the help I can get. Then I will have an idea of how to find the .ini file. Thanks so much for your help!
    Check this out - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/uninstall-programs-windows-10 - and in the list of all installed apps you'll have to find NWN form GOG
    thanks, I didnt know how to install it, it is now uninstalled! btw, I was looking at my program list in the Start menu, next to NWN it says "Safe Mode" - maybe this is the culprit for my problem?
    JuliusBorisov
    Do you know how to take the NWN download out of Safe Mode? I am hoping this will solve my problem because I really want to get into the game, but that is hard to do with the screen window being so small...
    I took another look at NWN:EE, and something that I didn't notice - I guess out of anticipation - the game screen is windowed, but the rest of the screen is a mysterious red mist. Any thoughts?
    JuliusBorisov
    With these additional details, it looks like you should report the issue on support.baldursgate.com - our bug tracker - to hear directly from our QA (don't forget to include information about your system). Thanks in advance!
    Good Morning, JuliusBorisov! I went to the bug tracking site you sent me a link to, which I thank you for, and I read the instructions on how to use the site. I did a search on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, I can see the list of previous issues submitted by other players, but I don't see the button for "New Issue". Am I missing something, or just not in the right place on the site...?
    JuliusBorisov
    @NeveroddoreveN You have to first register on that site before submitting a new issue (you can see that tab if you're logged in) :)
    https://support.baldursgate.com/account/register
    I'm sorry, I wasn't clear about that - I have registered and logged in, I did a search on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and I see submit, but apparently that is for submitting a search. I do not see "New Issue" anywhere on the screen. I am sorry if I am making this difficult or a bother.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    If you're logged into the support portal this link should take you directly to a new issue for NWN:EE unless I'm mistaken.

https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/nwn-ee-public-bugs/issues/new

Hope that helps.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks, TFox! Will the site also alert me when a reply is made to my issue post, or do I have to look for myself?
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, you'll get email notifications on any progress on your reports.
    tfox
    Just curious - is there a usual turn-around time for posting a bug? I posted about my issue almost a week ago.
    It depends on resources of our QA. What is the ticket number?
    Issue #37450
    Good Morning, JuliusBorisov! I hope this message finds you well. I was just wondering if you could check on my NWN:EE bug report...? I got an email a little over a week ago asking for more information - I had neglected to provide more information than in my initial report, so I emailed Beamdog back providing the information they then asked for. I am really itching to play NWN:EE, but I am trying to be patient.
    I apologize if my last message was rude, btw.
    btw, I had asked the Bug Issue Site about having NWN:EE with an unrestricted mouse, which I had since figured out that it won't happen, but I found a way around the restriction. But I don't know if I should write them back and let them know, or just leave it alone and let them do their thing.

Good Morning, JuliusBorisov! I hope this message finds you well. I was just wondering if you could check on my NWN:EE bug report...? I got an email a little over a week ago asking for more information - I had neglected to provide more information than in my initial report, so I emailed Beamdog back providing the information they then asked for. I am really itching to play NWN:EE, but I am trying to be patient.

I don't see your information in the ticket. I'm afraid if you "emailed back" it wasn't the correct way as the email notifications are automatic. Please, add your infomation to the ticket.
    I had replied to the email I got from Beamdog concerning the information that they needed, that I failed to provide with my initial bug issue notification. Where should I send a new message with the proper information?
    Thanks so much! I just sent an email via your link.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    I just purchased NWN:EE, as well as the Daggerford premium module. I'm trying to create a desktop shortcut, like I have for all the EE games, but I can't find the NWN.EXE file in the game folder in my Beamdog Library.
    I still have the original game, with several custom mods that I've downloaded from Neverwinter Vault, running on the same system, but it is in an entirely different folder. Would that make a difference in finding the EE .EXE file? I can launch the two versions with no issues, the original game shows all of the mods I've installed while the EE game only shows the premium modules that were included.
    @LiamChgo How do you launch the game if you don't know where the .exe is?
    @JuliusBorisov , I launch it through the Beamdog Client. All of the other games (BG, BG:SoD, BG2, IWD, PST) I was able to set up a desktop shortcut, but not with NWN. I've used Options to open the file location, but there are no EXE files in that location or any of it's subfolders.
    At the moment, Beamdog Client is the only way I can find to launch NWN:EE.
    The binaries are in a subdir "bin/", then platform (win32), and then the executable; i.e. bin/win32/nwmain.exe
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks! I was simply looking for NWN.EXE, which explains why it didn't show up on a search. Also, all of the other games, the EXE file was in the root directory for the game, i.e. "C:\Users\Bill\Beamdog Library\00806\SiegeOfDragonspear.exe", so I was looking in the wrong place anyway.
    JuliusBorisov