Skip to content

Bug for Archer and proficiency?

Hi all,

Just wanna highlight some issue I found.

1) APR bonus for grandmaster seem to be +1 APR instead of +1/2 APR from High Master
2) Archer seem to be dealing +2 bonus to damage and hit instead of +1 every 3 level.

Are these intended? Anyway to fixed it via DLTCEP?

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited May 2018

1) APR bonus for grandmaster seem to be +1 APR instead of +1/2 APR from High Master

This one is intended.
    Unlike in BG2, grandmastery gives gives +1 APR in BG1 and IWD.
    It's always been like this, and is documented in the IWD:EE manual (page 123, table "Weapon Specialization").

Anyway to fixed it via DLTCEP?

No need to manually edit the game files, just install the "Change Grandmastery Bonuses" component of the Tweaks Anthology mod, and choose the option to use BG2-style grandmastery.

2) Archer seem to be dealing +2 bonus to damage and hit instead of +1 every 3 level.

His Thac0 for all weapons improves by 1 each level until level 20, simply for being a warrior class (see manual page 366 "Appendix 4: THAC0").

Then on top of that, his thac0 and damage with missile weapons should improve by 1 every 3 levels, as a kit bonus.

On top of that, come the bonuses from weapon specialization which you add during level-up, from weapons/items that you equip, etc.

Are you sure that you subtracted all those other bonuses and measured only the kit bonus? And that you don't have any mods installed which affect this? If so, it would make sense to report a bug on Beamdog's bug tracker.
    Post edited by ineth on
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2018
    1) No, the APR is 1/2 attack higher. In BG1 the GM give +1 total APR from proficiency, in IWDEE it give a total of 3/2 APR bonus instead, that is not including the APR from 7th / 13th bonus you gain as a warrior class.

In BG1/2, the GM APR is consistent. In IWDEE the APR is always 1/2 attack higher for GM.

2) My Archer gives +6 damage / THAC0 missile adjustment. This archer is imported from BGEE which I check very carefully its +3 damage / THAC0 missile adjustment. In IWDEE my archer deal 3 dmg higher and 3 bonus to THAC0 as compared to my BG1 character. Both are using same EQ & same lvl at 9.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

In BG1/2, the GM APR is consistent. In IWDEE the APR is always 1/2 attack higher for GM.

You're talking about BG1EE, he's talking about the real BG1.

Beamdog changed the rule ftom BG1 to BGEE because the latter is in the BG2 engine, and BG2/BG2EE have slways consisently has +1/2 for GM.

Beamdog did not change the rule from IWD to IWDEE, even though the latter is also in the BG2 engine... for reasons? I guess?

Personally I think that's dumb. They've standardized all three games on the same engine; they should standardize them on the same rules as well.

To fix that, you can edit the bottom row of WSPATCK.2DA from -2/2/-3 to 1/-2/2.
    Alright thanks will take a look.

How about the archer bug. I am not sure why am i getting +6 missile adjustment for both thac0 and damage. At lvl 10 its suppose to be +3!

Is there anyway i can at the data using dltcep? Which .2DA file does all the kit fall into?

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

How about the archer bug. I am not sure why am i getting +6 missile adjustment for both thac0 and damage. At lvl 10 its suppose to be +3!

This archer is imported from BGEE which I check very carefully its +3 damage / THAC0 missile adjustment.

This is why, IWD and BG are not intended for importing between games.
    Their kits and classes are set up differently.
    Your archer is getting +3 from BGEE and again from IWDEE.
    edited May 2018
    kjeron said:

This archer is imported from BGEE which I check very carefully its +3 damage / THAC0 missile adjustment.

This is why, IWD and BG are not intended for importing between games.
    Their kits and classes are set up differently.
    Your archer is getting +3 from BGEE and again from IWDEE.
    In that case, is there anything i can modify with eekeeper or dltcep to rectifies the damage / thac0 bug?