Skip to content

Bartleby death and reputation drop seem backwards.

If you decide to provoke Delenda and kill Bartleby, the owner of The Three Kegs appears and asks what happened. If you state the "good" option. "I take full responsibility for my actions." You get a reputation drop of -1. If you state the weasel out of it option. "It wasn't my fault, he started it." you take no reputation drop. Since you have to provoke them to get into the fight the reputation drop seems backwards to me. An evil party would want to weasel out of it, a good party would take responsibility.. Wouldn't they? Feels like there should probably be a reputation drop for both answers at any rate.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It's reputation, not a reflection of alignment. If you started a brawl, for whatever reason in a restaurant that restaurant and it's patrons are not going to look too fondly on you for incurring damage to the establishment and ruining their evening.

The "good" way to handle an incident like this is to convince the offending party to leave the restaurant then give them a beat down, or turn them over to the authorities.
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2018
    That's exactly my point. Any answer after the brawl should give the reputation drop because no matter what, you had to force the confrontation. These were innocents just occupying a room. (snooty but innocent.) As it is set up through, there are two answers you can give when confronted about your actions and the one that has you blame the others for starting the brawl (the lie,) gives you no reputation drop.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    If you choose the lie then 0/ -2 depending on whether you meet a charisma requirement might be good.