Skip to content

Containers and money not importing to Heart of Winter?

For the first time, I started a Heart of Winter game by importing my solo Dragon Disciple from the Character File that seems to be automatically created just before the final battle of the main story. I had hoarded all the precious treasures in my Bag of Holding, and had collected over 200,000 gold pieces, but OH NO! As soon as I start HoW, all my containers with all my precious treasures are GONE! :'( All my shiny gold coins are gone too! I'm left with only 15,000 GP! :'( Well, I may be able to increase the money using EEKeeper, but I cannot include that particular set of items that were there in my Bag of Holding, since manually adding a Bag of Holding will give me an EMPTY Bag of Holding!

What to do now? I can't even go out of the Crystal Tower so that I may walk to Kuldahar and talk to Hjolder, so as to directly visit HoW in-game. Please help me, I'm ruined! :cry::bawling::bawling:

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Well, it seems that I've found a temporary fix. Fortunately, I had a save file just before fighting "Maiden" Ilmadia. So, I went back and completed the main story up to the Temple of the Fallen, and then made my way back to Kuldahar, and then off to Lonelywood. This time, everything is present in my inventory. *Heaves a sigh of relief*. That's all I could do at the moment.

Anyways, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if there is any other way to import a character to HoW without losing all the containers and money. :)

And one more thing, will there be a fix to this in the future?
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2018

For the first time, I started a Heart of Winter game by importing my solo Dragon Disciple from the Character File that seems to be automatically created just before the final battle of the main story. I had hoarded all the precious treasures in my Bag of Holding, and had collected over 200,000 gold pieces, but OH NO! As soon as I start HoW, all my containers with all my precious treasures are GONE! :'( All my shiny gold coins are gone too! I'm left with only 15,000 GP! :'( Well, I may be able to increase the money using EEKeeper, but I cannot include that particular set of items that were there in my Bag of Holding, since manually adding a Bag of Holding will give me an EMPTY Bag of Holding!

What to do now? I can't even go out of the Crystal Tower so that I may walk to Kuldahar and talk to Hjolder, so as to directly visit HoW in-game. Please help me, I'm ruined! :cry::bawling::bawling:

You have to manually add them one by one using ee keeper. Whatever is missing u add them. Then summon the bag to slot them in once u complete.

Its extremely tedious but it will work for sure.

How many items are inside? I see if i can help u create a new bag filled with them.

If you need help you can attached your original saved files here so i can directly see what items u have in ur bag.

Rik_Kirtaniya
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited May 2018
    @gattberserk I guess visiting Lonelywood by directly talking to Hjolder in Kuldahar is a far easier option. ;) In fact, that's what I did, and I've not lost anything this time. So I'm kind of okay with that.

Anyways, thanks for offering to help. :)

I think it would be really great if this problem of importing containers is solved in the future updates. Maybe we could be given the option of directly starting HoW with the exact party configuration after the end-game cut-scene finishes playing, via something like a confirmation box (like that which appears when removing spells), instead of having to import it when beginning HoW. Does this sound viable, @JuliusBorisov? This could really help a lot! :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190

@gattberserk I guess visiting Lonelywood by directly talking to Hjolder in Kuldahar is a far easier option. ;) In fact, that's what I did, and I've not lost anything this time. So I'm kind of okay with that.

Anyways, thanks for offering to help. :)

I think it would be really great if this problem of importing containers is solved in the future updates. Maybe we could be given the option of directly starting HoW with the exact party configuration after the end-game cut-scene finishes playing, via something like a confirmation box (like that which appears when removing spells), instead of having to import it when beginning HoW. Does this sound viable, @JuliusBorisov? This could really help a lot! :)

Actually this also happen to SOD from BGEE, if you import from BGEE, you will lose every containers, but if you directly continue after killing Sarevok you get to keep everything (containers as well)

So the issue seem to be the data that is being "exported" out.
    StummvonBordwehrRik_Kirtaniya