Skip to content

How to rename items in tp2?

Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
edited May 2018 in General Modding
I found out, sorry for the inconvenience. ;)
Post edited by Wizer13 on

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    SAY 0x8 -> SAY NAME1
    SAY 0xc -> SAY NAME2
    WRITE_ASCII 0x50 -> SAY DESC
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    New bug though: I'm trying to change the description with SAY DESC, but once I load up the mod, the stref stays the same. Must it be referenced to strings into the .tra? Or is this coding not good? Thanks for your time all!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Since you edited your first post, I don't even know what you are trying to name. A cre? An item? A spell?

Please don't edit your posts, without your question the answers don't make sense any more and others can't profit from them.
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    Hello @jastey, sorry for the inconvenience. Im trying multiple items conversions using COPY_EXISTING ~item.itm~ ~override/item.itm~
    After they say I have parsing error if I place the command REPLACE directly after COPY_EXISTING, so I erased it from my .tp2.
    Changing NAME1 AND NAME2 worked perfectly, but the command SAY DESC doesn't change the descriptions once I try the mod. I figured it must have something to do with the stref and it must be linked to a string in my lang.tra if I want it to be replaced. Then again, no luck there because I also get a parsing error if I follow a SAY command with a @ stref

Example : SAY DESC @1 \\~description~

I'm just confused. I've read several tutorials, but not one is able to teach me this basic stuff ( I am no programmer mind you, been less than a year since I began modding
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    SAY DESC is for identified item, there is also SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC for the description in case it's not identified.

This syntax should work, though:

COPY_EXISTING ~item.itm~ ~override/item.itm~
    SAY NAME1 ~new name~
    SAY NAME2 ~new name~
    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~new unidentified description~
    SAY DESC ~new identified description~

If you still have a parse error or don't see the new description in the game, post your tp2 content here.