Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How to rename items in tp2?

Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 63
edited May 2018 in General Modding
I found out, sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

Post edited by Wizer13 on

Comments

• AionZAionZ Member Posts: 3,034
    SAY 0x8 -> SAY NAME1
    SAY 0xc -> SAY NAME2
    WRITE_ASCII 0x50 -> SAY DESC

Wizer13
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 63
    New bug though: I'm trying to change the description with SAY DESC, but once I load up the mod, the stref stays the same. Must it be referenced to strings into the .tra? Or is this coding not good? Thanks for your time all!

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,509
    Since you edited your first post, I don't even know what you are trying to name. A cre? An item? A spell?

Please don't edit your posts, without your question the answers don't make sense any more and others can't profit from them.

semiticgod
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2018
    Hello @jastey, sorry for the inconvenience. Im trying multiple items conversions using COPY_EXISTING ~item.itm~ ~override/item.itm~
    After they say I have parsing error if I place the command REPLACE directly after COPY_EXISTING, so I erased it from my .tp2.
    Changing NAME1 AND NAME2 worked perfectly, but the command SAY DESC doesn't change the descriptions once I try the mod. I figured it must have something to do with the stref and it must be linked to a string in my lang.tra if I want it to be replaced. Then again, no luck there because I also get a parsing error if I follow a SAY command with a @ stref

Example : SAY DESC @1 \\~description~

I'm just confused. I've read several tutorials, but not one is able to teach me this basic stuff ( I am no programmer mind you, been less than a year since I began modding

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,509
    SAY DESC is for identified item, there is also SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC for the description in case it's not identified.

This syntax should work, though:

COPY_EXISTING ~item.itm~ ~override/item.itm~
    SAY NAME1 ~new name~
    SAY NAME2 ~new name~
    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~new unidentified description~
    SAY DESC ~new identified description~

If you still have a parse error or don't see the new description in the game, post your tp2 content here.

Wizer13