Skip to content

Fallout is jumping from 4 to 76. We should have Baldur's Gate 74 to compete!

Baldur's Gates 3 through 73 will be DLCs telling the stories of various Bhaalspawn.

All narrated by David Warner.

To compete with FO76, BG74 will be a MMORPG/tower defense/farm simulation hybrid with platformer elements.

It will be released after Beamdog's secret secret project: Cuphead: Enhanced Edition. (tagline: "Hey, this is also retro!" (TM))
ThacoBellWarChiefZeke

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    no
    RaduzielJuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I do like the idea of David Warner narrating everything. But then I mean everything.

"Welcome.... to this ghastly exhibition of weekly need for attention. The game is not finished but Trent acted sooner than I had anticipated and has been streaming his morose meandering visage ever since. Does he even realises BG:EEs potential?"
    ThacoBellMantis37ElectricMonk
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    them calling it fallout 76 is gonna bite them in like 20 years. new gamers getting into the series are gonna wonder why we jump from 4 to 76. they should have just used a sub title not a number.
    ThacoBell
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    BG74? Obviously it needs to be BG77. Let's make it in 4th Edition, the kids love that as much as I like great single player game series being stuck in MMO limbo.
    ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Still waiting for IWD69 the dating sim with PG-40 age restriction, fully voiced and narrated by Rowan Atkinson.
    YgramulThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

them calling it fallout 76 is gonna bite them in like 20 years. new gamers getting into the series are gonna wonder why we jump from 4 to 76. they should have just used a sub title not a number.

The sad thing is, its STILL better than the current trend of giving the fourth game in the series the exact same title as the first game. God of War anyone? How about Wolfenstein?
    megamike15mashedtaters
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Windows made a code mistake that checks for Windows 9*, so for 95 and 98. Checks like that would apparently also trigger on Windows 9.
    Raduziel
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    That sounds weird. I have to imagine that they could call the operating system whatever they wanted in their code, regardless of branding.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    In all seriousness, Beamdog deserves some applause for not subjecting us to microtransactiony online-only bullshit as Bethesda seems to be steering the Fallout IP.

Now if only they would develop a new RPG in the quality level & art direction of SoD...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well there may be that one guy who is gonna complain " darknesss over daggerford has been free for years now beamdog is charging for other people's work" even tho it was supposed to be a premium module and is different from the one on the vualt.

i mean they are already getting flak for selling a portrait pack.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited June 2018
    ThacoBell said:

The sad thing is, its STILL better than the current trend of giving the fourth game in the series the exact same title as the first game. God of War anyone? How about Wolfenstein?

Or a much later title in an ongoing series that just gets the title of the series and because of that, needs the helping of a release year to identify them properly: Medal of Honor (2010), Tomb Raider (2013), Doom (2016).

ThacoBell
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    lroumen said:

Windows made a code mistake that checks for Windows 9*, so for 95 and 98. Checks like that would apparently also trigger on Windows 9.

We can pretend windows vista was windows 9. Even though MS probably want to forgot that cesspool of fail like Sony does with the Playstation GO.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

Or a much later title in an ongoing series that just gets the title of the series and because of that, needs the helping of a release year to identify them properly: Medal of Honor (2010), Tomb Raider (2013), Doom (2016).

Or the new Prey. Stupid game should have been called "System Shock 3" as that's basically what it was. Had nothing to do with the Prey series.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2018
    Vista was pre-7 though.
    I guess the fallout one makes sense with the protagonist being from vault 76. (seriously why not vault 69 and you get to play a gay male protagonist in a dating sim).