Skip to content

direct connect

any one assist with the "direct connect" not functioning as of the new Nwn EE patch from June 1 , 2018 ?
batch file launcher contains this:

nwmain.exe +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5122

when attempting to connect i get this:

Connection Error: Cannot translate address.

any assistance would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Comments

• tzaerutzaeru Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    Same problem. Just noticed as I continued working on our launcher for NWN EE.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please, report on support.baldursgate.com so that our QA could help you troubleshooting the issue.
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Got the same problem, with a twist: when logging in as DM it works 'most of the time', maybe because it takes longer to type in the DM password.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Are you running into this issue when you attempt to direct-connect from in-game?
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2018
    No, works fine when direct-connecting from the client, it only bugs from a batch execution.

CORRECTION: after trying a few times just to make sure, I also got the bug once with direct-connect from the client, so I tested direct-connect 10 times in a row and got the bug 3 times.
    Looks like a timeout issue of some sort.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

this is a DNS resolver race condition in the client. We're tracking it internally (37551) and while I can't promise a fix date, I know this is not good for people using shortcuts or being quick-fingered in direct connect, so it won't be forgotten.