Skip to content

Testing Character Classes

I'm looking to play a class through the entirety of the series but I'd really like to test some of them before really sinking in the time. Does anyone have any tips about the best way to do this? I'm not all that familiar with the Black Pits but would that be good testing grounds if I made a party of all the classes I'd be interested in?

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    The Black Pits are a nice testing ground IMO.
    ThacoBell
  • TheMarqTheMarq Member Posts: 6
    Perfect thanks. Would there be any benefit to doing one of he Black Pits over the other?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Star with the first Black Pits. It has a slower level curve and starts you at level 1. Note that it will ramp up in difficulty quickly, so if you're unfamiliar with the game it may get incredibly hard.

An alternative to testing classes is to just pick one that sounds fun and start up a normal game. If you end up not liking it, you can start a new run.
    Dev6
    You're probably better off going with the first one as a testing ground. It's easier than the second, and has a better/slower difficulty curve.
    ThacoBell
  • TheMarqTheMarq Member Posts: 6
    ThacoBell said:

Star with the first Black Pits. It has a slower level curve and starts you at level 1. Note that it will ramp up in difficulty quickly, so if you're unfamiliar with the game it may get incredibly hard.

An alternative to testing classes is to just pick one that sounds fun and start up a normal game. If you end up not liking it, you can start a new run.

Thank you for the advice. My only problem with starting a normal game is having a character that ends up becoming more fun once leveling more. I originally played the game with a Illusionist/Thief and only really started to enjoy it much further into the game. I'd be afraid of doing the same multiple times and would much rather have a quicker method of testing.

I'll give the first Black Pits a try and see if that helps at all. Thank you for the help!
    Dev6ThacoBell
    Do report back with your opinion of the different classes :)
    ThacoBell
  • Candlekeep_CavalierCandlekeep_Cavalier Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    Good luck! I'm *this* close to finishing my first solo run, with a Cavalier, but Big M is giving me trouble.