Skip to content

How do I select NPCs in the Android version?

I just started playing IWD on my tablet, and I'm having trouble selecting NPCs I want to converse with. It seems that I need to select the bottom of the character, but even when I zoom in it's not trivial to nail it. Any way to have the selection area graphically shown or some other way to solve this?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ET3D, if you mean that you want to speak with NPCs you already have; select the speak icon then select the NPC's portrait on the sidebar. If, on the other hand, you mean that you want to select someone that isn't in your team, then you will need to select their circle...

Gus
  • ET3DET3D Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, Gus. The problem is, they don't have a circle. I mean NPCs like store keepers and the like. They just stand or walk around. They have a name over their head but no circle to indicate how to select them. (Perhaps it's possible to enable that somehow?)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    In the PC version of the game, you can go to "Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback", and pull the "Marker Feedback" slider all the way to the right to ensure that selection markers are always shown on all characters.

Does the Android version have that too?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2018
    @ineth, the Android version has it as well but... that feature isn't for the 'other' NPCs you meet through out the game. Unfotunately, you just have to tickle at their feet.

@ET3D, you could ask for a new feature to make it easier. Are you trying the beta version or 1.3.x?

Gus

Edit: All the way to the right!. Got hold of my Android version and it works well.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • ET3DET3D Member Posts: 17
    Thanks a lot! That solved it. I think this should be the default for mobile.