Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

File Path Issue? NWN:EE

So, i'm trying to play On a Server with its own tlk files , .2da, haks and the whole nine yards and every time i would log in, i crashed with an exit code, so i said okay nothing, tried troubleshooting it with the DM, and nothing i was at a loss, then i noticed the TLK files where not loading when i went to class selections, i thought Oooh, cool so i then tried to load a custom module with CEP installed, and alas, i could NOT play that module even though i have CEP installed and what not, so i look at my ini file and it points too the right documents where all those folders are loaded but instead of it being in the C Drive like i'm sure most people have it at, mines at the B Drive cause of storage concerns.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 16,530
    edited January 23
    So am I right you want to change the path in the ini file to another drive other than the C Drive?

• edmaster44edmaster44 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, my Documents are in B Drive instead of C, i checked the INI file to confirm this but it still won't load the files.

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 140
    Possibly related: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34175

Dunno if it offers much help though without more detail.

-Dave

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 61
    I have my documents folder stored on F drive for myself without any issues, I just installed the game and it all worked correctly from the get go.

I wonder if it's related to using B as a drive, considering B is generally reserved for disk drives (even though they're outdated they're still generally reserved and can cause issues repurposing such at times)

I suppose it could be that Windows Registry is pointing to a different location for his documents folder as well. I'd say if Edmaster44 is comfortable with regedit he should take a look at the following and if he isn't comfortable with such and isn't sure of what he is doing probably should just avoid such.

"Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 16,530
    edmaster44 do you have any other disks than B? Could you try linking to documents folders in D or E, for example?

• AnatidaAnatida Member Posts: 6
    I am resurrecting this post because it is very similar to the issue I am having. I think it is something on my end, and not an actual bug.

I purchased a new laptop and am running Windows 10. The first thing I did was to install NWN:EE. I was not aware of OneDrive or how it worked, and the install placed the custom content directory (Neverwinter Nights) on the OneDrive.

As I became more familiar with Windows10 I realized this was NOT where I wanted this folder. Due to some other minor issue I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the Beamdog Client.

I have gone as far as to disable OneDrive, remove the custom content Neverwinter Nights folder, uninstall Beamdog Client, and let the Beamdog Client do a complete reinstall - However!

The nwnmain.exe does not recognize any of the custom files.
    - It is not using my .ini files represented by its refusal to use WindowedMode
    - It is not logging the chatwindow, or if it is I can not find where it is saving this log
    - I have triple checked the alias locations and it looks correct: LOGS=C:\Users\dever\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\logs
    - It is not using custom portraits from the \portraits folder

I just can not figure out where the game is looking for these custom files!