Skip to content

How dows a roll of 18 looks in each stat? How about a roll of 3?

2»

Comments

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Str 18 = Conan (Barbarian)
    Str 3 = Conan (TV show host)
    Dex 18 = Legolas
    Dex 3 = Walmart permobile users
    Con 18 = Naruto
    Con 3 = Cystic fibrosis victims
    Int 18 = Stephen Hawkings
    Int 3 = Trump
    Wis 18 = Ghandi
    Wis 3 = Trump
    Cha 18 = Jessica Alba
    Cha 3 = Trump
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    3 dexterity is that annoying dude who can't roll the dice without knocking down all of the game pieces (or having at least one of them fall on the floor constantly). I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about!
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    How about a minimum stat play-through? Reduce the protagonist's stats to minimum and start playing. In the beginning of the game stats makes a difference, but as it proceeds they become less important as there are many stat boosting items.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320

How about a minimum stat play-through? Reduce the protagonist's stats to minimum and start playing. In the beginning of the game stats makes a difference, but as it proceeds they become less important as there are many stat boosting items.

I've tried that a fair amount playing with a solo sorcerer. It's certainly possible, though it is a bit tiresome after a while having a carrying capacity of only 5 lbs and struggling to hit a barn door with your darts due to the dexterity penalty (a sling is even worse due to the strength penalty if you do manage the odd critical hit). Also note that under AD&D rules you're supposed to get a minimum of 1 HP extra each level - in the game it's quite possible to get 0 with 3 constitution.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    I don't think Int 3 affects dialogue in Baldur's Gate like it does in Planescape:Torment. Wait, if the dialogues are the same with Int 3 and Int 18 that means...

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Arcanum is hilarious with a low int charname.
    ThacoBell said:

No need to go so far. Do tomorrow your daily routine as if you were Int 3. See that happens. Hilarious.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

No need to go so far. Do tomorrow your daily routine as if you were Int 3. See that happens. Hilarious.
    People might die :/
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited June 2018

This picture has it all!
    18 dexterity vs. 18 strength - dexterity loses due to 3 wisdom.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    God, that scene is still burned into my mind. What a horrible way for Oberyn to die, especially considering what he was fighting for.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Grond0 said:

I've tried that a fair amount playing with a solo sorcerer. It's certainly possible, though it is a bit tiresome after a while having a carrying capacity of only 5 lbs and struggling to hit a barn door with your darts due to the dexterity penalty (a sling is even worse due to the strength penalty if you do manage the odd critical hit). Also note that under AD&D rules you're supposed to get a minimum of 1 HP extra each level - in the game it's quite possible to get 0 with 3 constitution.
    I ran a minimum-stat halfling bounty hunter, once. Halflings have the best Dex/Con minimums, which helps with survivability, and shorties also have the best strength minimums, (which means 30 pounds carrying capacity, woo!)

Trap all the things!
    edited June 2018
    Game of Thrones has good examples of this.

The Mountain I think is even beyond Str 18. More like 19. Arguably 20. I give 18/xx to Brienne and Sandor Clagane.

Oberyn Martell Dex 18, agree, specially that -4 to AC. He must be a high level swashbuckler too, to have such dodging skills (and the assassin ability of poison).

Tyrion Lannister must be one of the cleverest people around, but haven read the book, I’m not sure is a perfect 18 roll. More like 16-17, but that’s me. Varys yes might have Int 18 and Wis 17-18. Talking about Wis, this is big in the show. Master Aemon is a solid 19-20, same as the Three Eyed Raven. Catelyn Tully and Ser Barristan Selmy have a high Wis roll...

The best total roll would probably be Ja’qen and the Black Fish. Those seem to be amazing in all the stats, including Charisma.