Skip to content

How many days to spend in each chapter?

I have so far spent 32 days and most characters are level 4. I opened chapter 2 earlier because Jaheira started complaining, but I returned back to chapter 1 to finish the side quests and explore all the maps. Is there a timeline that I should follow?

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    One doesn't really have to follow the overall basic quest line by time, as it is not dependent. That said however, a few NPC's are time dependent upon helping them with their personal quests once you meet them. If you miss those deadlines they will leave. Some side quests are time dependent as well, and missing them will result in loss of the quest to CHARNAME death in one instance.
    lost1ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just entering Nashkel with stop Jaheira from complainging and you can adventure all you want with no time limit.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    ThacoBell said:

Just entering Nashkel with stop Jaheira from complainging and you can adventure all you want with no time limit.

I picked up the rescue quest. As far as I can read from the wiki, it has no time limit, is that correct?
    FQVBSina said:

ThacoBell said:

I picked up the rescue quest. As far as I can read from the wiki, it has no time limit, is that correct?
    Depends on what you mean by the rescue quest? If its to look into the mines, yes, no time limit and Jaheria will stop complaining simply because you entered Nashkel. If you got a rescue quest from a dude named Minsc (same town), then you have a few days.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    ThacoBell said:

FQVBSina said:

ThacoBell said:

Depends on what you mean by the rescue quest? If its to look into the mines, yes, no time limit and Jaheria will stop complaining simply because you entered Nashkel. If you got a rescue quest from a dude named Minsc (same town), then you have a few days.
    Yeah, it is the rescue quest from Minsc. But my party was full so I removed him. Is the quest still timed?
    FQVBSina said:

ThacoBell said:

FQVBSina said:

ThacoBell said:

Yeah, it is the rescue quest from Minsc. But my party was full so I removed him. Is the quest still timed?
    If he isn't in the party, no. But I don't know what doing that may do with his scripting. He gives you only a few days to go to the rescue. He MAY be hostile the next time you speak to him, but I don't know for sure.