Skip to content

General mod Questions thread

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Raduziel said:

No, not at the summoning cap at all. New game, solo, not but the character in the party or by the party's side.

Thanks for testing, @Bubb !

Edit: I did a second test and all other summoning for all the other kits are working perfectly, only this one is being a problem.

Had the same issue recently, can't remember what I changed but I think it had to do with either the timing mode or the dispelability/resistance
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    @Raduziel
    So, I was looking at the master branch of your Deities of Faerûn, and I think I found the problem with the spell. RAMYRK3.EFF is not being copied over to the override folder, and thus the game cannot find the file when it attempts to use it - it instead does nothing. The spell started working when I manually copied the EFF file out of the mod's folder and into the override folder.
    mashedtaterssemiticgoddess
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Bubb said:

@Raduziel
    So, I was looking at the master branch of your Deities of Faerûn, and I think I found the problem with the spell. RAMYRK3.EFF is not being copied over to the override folder, and thus the game cannot find the file when it attempts to use it - it instead does nothing. The spell started working when I manually copied the EFF file out of the mod's folder and into the override folder.

I swear I'm smarter than that...

Yep, once again my stupidity blinded me.

Thanks, @Bubb !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    tbone1
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor Stupid mechanics work differently for items and spells, i'm not sure if there's a solution.
    In a spell:
    opcode 318, timing=0, duration=0 will block effects.

In an item:
    opcode 318, timing=0, duration=0 will only block effects when switched out in the quickbar, equipping in the inventory will not block the effect.

opcode 318, timing=2, will block the effects when switched out with the quickbar or in the inventory, but, switching through the quickbar applies the effects of the new weapon before removing the effects of the previous weapon.

As for the offhand, it will be influenced by equip order, but the "Set APR 1" effect is also interfering with it, as it will always replace any Set APR effect applied by the first weapon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Hmmm... this is not actually what I'm seeing. It uses timing=2 for the 324 effects, but they do not seem to be working correctly. It seems like the issue must be, the effects of the new weapon (e.g. EFF setting APR to 3/2 because I'm specialized in axes) are being blocked by the residual effects of the old weapon (blocking the EFF setting APR to 3/2, because I was holding an axe and I'm only proficient with clubs).

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say with this:
    kjeron said:

switching through the quickbar applies the effects of the new weapon before removing the effects of the previous weapon.

The effects of the new weapon are applied before the immunity effects from the old weapon get removed, but only when switching through the quickbar.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2018
    Suppose I have an innate ability that stuns the target for 1 round. How can I make this effect not cumulative with itself (i.e., you cannot stun the same target if it's already been stunned by this ability and 1 round has not passed)? Should I use opcode 206 or 321?
    opcode 206, 6s duration, as last effect of the ability
    _Luke_semiticgoddess
  • LethlianLethlian Member Posts: 20
    Hopefully Someone who sees this has an answer.

So I have all the Baldur's Gate(s)ee and Icewind Dale ee games.

I successfully installed WeiDU into BG1ee.

All my other games are in different folders. I.E BG1ee was in folder programfiles(x86) 00766 (which had its chitin.key)

Due to that, if I want WeiDU to be installed in all other games, does that mean I have to download a separate WeiDU and install it / run it the separate folders? (being that the separate folders have their own independent chitin.key for each game) I.E 00783, 00786, etc.

Thanks for any replies.
    edited June 2018
    @Lethlian Hi and welcome!

AFAIK you don't "install" Weidu. It is nothing but a tool to install mods.

You need to run a different installer for every different mod in every different game.

When you download a mod it usually comes with a folder and a .exe. This executable is Weidu.
    Lethlian
    edited June 2018
    Hello!

I want to make a spell that creates a creature that through it the caster may cast some spells.

These spells would need to be memorized by the caster and be erased from the caster's memorized list (not its spellbook!) when cast by the creature.

I want to create a divine spell version of every single wizard spell from a specific school of magic and make it available for a kit. Is there a code to make it easier?

Doing manually is not the end of the world, but some mod may alter the school of a spell, that why I prefer to let Weidu choose and alter the spells.

Is it possible?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor

Thanks. I'll take a look tonight.
    @subtledoctor I took a quick peek and could not find the proper REGEXP. I'm looking inside the sphere_system.tpa file.

And even if I find it, what to do next? Filter the spells seems to be the easy part, how do I make a kit get it?

Thanks!
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor I'm struggling a little with the make clones part, but I'll take a look again tomorrow with a fresh head.

I need some extra filters to decide what spells will be altered

1) Type (Wizard)

2) School (Divination / Necromancy - two different kits with one school each)

3) Level < 8 (as Priest Spells caps at the 7th circle)

4) Must not be already added by FnP (otherwise the kit will have the same spell twice on its spellbook)

So for item 4, I need to add some check for FnP. That can be arranged (I think). My question is: is there a way to implement filter #4?

FnP not installed: scans all spells as normal

FnP installed: scans only the spells not provided already by FnP

Thanks!
    edited June 2018
    Raduziel
    @subtledoctor Ok, that is a lot to chew, for certain. I'll deal with it on the weekend and will return here to give some feedback.

Thanks!
    Raduziel
    Raduziel said:

Hello!

I want to make a spell that creates a creature that through it the caster may cast some spells.

These spells would need to be memorized by the caster and be erased from the caster's memorized list (not its spellbook!) when cast by the creature.

If these are mage/priest spells, I believe what you could do is make it so that the spell also summons an invisible creature whose script would use ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(LastSummonerOf(Myself)), Removespellres(S:Res)).

I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong, that the RemoveSpell action doesn't erase the spell from the spellbook but removes a single memorized instance only.

Could entice a few discrepancies however, those that come to mind would be interrupting the character's current action (including casting another spell) when the ActionOverride comes into action, or maybe having to rememorize the spells from your wizard spellbook every day, but that should do what you want to do without erasing the spell from the spellbook
    Raduziel
    edited June 2018
    Nevermind :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Do you know if there is an easy way (probably not) to replicate NWN Weapon Finesse?
    Luke93 said:

Do you know if there is an easy way (probably not) to replicate NWN Weapon Finesse?

Using @subtledoctor 's method to apply stat based bonus (as per this component in Scales of Balance. https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Scales_of_Balance/blob/master/scales_of_balance/components/200_SBO_revised_stats.tpa )

Then it depends on what exactly you want to do:
    Do you want to apply finesse to all weapons? It's the easiest, but it doesn't really replicate Weapon Finesse
    The other solution would be to patch all concerned weapon so that they apply an effect when you equip them, but only if your character is of the right kit (using OPCode 326). And if you want your character to gain Weapon Finesse only at a certain level, make a spell that makes him immune to the aforementioned spell at level 1, and remove the immunity at the right level.
    _Luke_
    edited June 2018
    _Luke_
    edited June 2018
    I need some help.

I'm trying to make a creature become immune to backstab.

I was able to create a spell that does that successfully, but I want a permanent effect, and that one seems to be failing.

Both the spell that works (RASavr5) and the permanent effect that doesn't (RASavrF) are on the zip attached.

Download Deities of Faerun, Create a Seer of Savras and...

Situation A

1) Cast Consequence (RASavr5 - need to be lv 10 - 450,000 xp)

2) Get a thief to backstab the caster.

3) Backstab fails

Situation B

1) Level up until lv 13 (1,125,000 xp)

2) Get a thief to backstab the caster.

3) Backstab lands successfully

I was looking at the Barbarian but seems that its immunity against backstab is hardcoded, as its CLAB on level 1 only gives Barbarian Rage and applies the extra movement speed.

Did the test on IWDEE as it allows me to create a Thief with the Seer of Savras

Any insight?

Thanks.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    @Raduziel
    Clean install of the Deities of Faerun master branch straight from GitHub:

This is a Seer of Savras at level 13. It seems the component is indeed working?
    Raduziel
    @Bubb That is weird indeed. All my tests were wrong, but I reinstalled and now it is working.

Probably some leftover from a previous test.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
    A little help, please.

I'm creating a spell that i) turns the creature into gas and ii) gives it the ability to come back to its natural form.

The first part of the spell works like a charm, the problem is with the ability to return to its natural form: it is not working and IDK why. I click the button and nothing happens.

I've attached the spl file.

Thanks!