Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor Thanks!

---

I'm trying to alter the name of a creature I'm copying

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~iwdee~ BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~REVNANT.CRE~ ~override/RaHoar4.cre~
    WRITE_SHORT 0x270 5
    WRITE_ASCII 0x08 RESOLVE_STR_REF (@3608)
    WRITE_ASCII 0x0c RESOLVE_STR_REF (@3608)

END
    Parsing error (as expected whenever I try something new).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    SAY NAME1 @3608
    SAY NAME2 @3608
    OR
    WRITE_LONG 0x08 RESOLVE_STR_REF (@3608)
    WRITE_LONG 0x0c RESOLVE_STR_REF (@3608)
    @Gwendolyne My heroin <3

Thanks!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2018
    Names in cre, spl, itm files; and description or messages (#139) in spl and itm files, are not characters strings, but integer reference values taken from the dialog.tlk file. ;)

So you don't add-modifiy them with WRITE_ASCII, but with WRITE_LONG (or SAY).

Post edited by Gwendolyne on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Suppose I want all Wands of Magic Missiles to have the same number of charges. What is the smartest way to do this?
    edited July 2018
    kjeron said:

2) How can I set/unset the bit related to EE: damage strength bonus using ALTER_ITEM_HEADER? - you can't AFAIK, you'll have to manually loop through them.

The same holds for changing/setting the number of targets (#targets), doesn't it?
  • LethlianLethlian Member Posts: 20
    Raduziel said:

@Lethlian Hi and welcome!

AFAIK you don't "install" Weidu. It is nothing but a tool to install mods.

You need to run a different installer for every different mod in every different game.

When you download a mod it usually comes with a folder and a .exe. This executable is Weidu.

Thank you brother. I was able to figure out how to get sentrizeals mod to work for me, though I'm not sure if I went about the correct way lol?

I have another question for you if you don't mind, seeing as I comb through the forums you seem pretty insightful.

So here it goes (warning long question incoming lol);

If I want to install a few other mods I.E "more style for mages", "no race restrictions mod", "enable dual class into kits", "cloak of displacement blur effect mod", "BGII: EE unofficial item pack", "way of the assasin" is it better to install them individually? Or should I think about getting BWS? (Assuming these mods are even in its selection?)

Once again thank you so much for your help!

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Im looking to mod the OC ... How do I change the starting location? For example if I don't want Charname in BGEE to start in CandleKeep?
    @Lethlian

It depends. BWS helps a lot, but I don't like that tool very much as I like to personalize my install and BWS restrains that a little - not every mod is listed there and some are not in their newest version.

However, if you're really green when it comes to mod it can help a lot, as you basically click and go watch a movie.

I think that you can handle the install of the listed mods very well on your own.

I would install in this order: More Style for Mages, BGII:EE Unofficial Item Pack, Way of the Assassin, Tweaks Anthology*, Dual-Class-Into-Kits.

* has the other things you are requiring.

As a general rule of thumb, you may follow this installation order:

Area/Quests Mods, Item Mods, NPC Mods, Kit Mods, Tweaks Mods, UI Mods.

Never had any problem following this line.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Luke93 said:

The same holds for changing/setting the number of targets (#targets), doesn't it?

Looks to be, yes.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    fluke13 said:

Im looking to mod the OC ... How do I change the starting location? For example if I don't want Charname in BGEE to start in CandleKeep?

The IESDP is your friend.

https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/startare.htm
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    @AstroBryGuy thanks, much appreciated
    @Raduziel so you were right! I was able to successfully load all the mods and they seem to be working well together for now (what I've played so far) also thank you for the bodyguard and wizard slayer rebalancing mods! I have those installed as well :)

Some of these mods are pretty amazing. Npc tweaks and tweaks anthology are really useful.

TBH I only used a very small amount of tweaks. I just liked the idea of humans being able to multiclass and Demi humans being able to dual and access all classes. (Really wish beamdog would of done this small thing from the get go) probably my other favorite tweak is allowing dual classes or multiclasses access to both classes weapon proficiencies. (This to me is actually a huge big deal) I love playing ranger or thief with cleric and having access to the priors weapons choices and not being stuck with priests.

It never made snense to me why clerics would override other classes weapon choices.

Anyways just wanted to say thanks for your help! Really lookin forward to the mod Eve of war!
    Because Clerics and Druids are bounded to an Ethos that limits their weapons' choice.

And just to clarify: I'm not the author of Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, but of Relieve Wizard Slayer.

Thanks for the compliment about the Bodyguard, now two people play it: you and my mom. :)

Cheers!
    Raduziel said:

Because Clerics and Druids are bounded to an Ethos that limits their weapons' choice.

And just to clarify: I'm not the author of Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, but of Relieve Wizard Slayer.

Thanks for the compliment about the Bodyguard, now two people play it: you and my mom. :)

Cheers!

That's the one. Sorry I misspoke about the WS rebalancing as I was basing it on my faulty memory lol

I use the mod you did for the WS.

Yeah I suppose your right about the ethos. I can't remember if that's a PnP based choice or not. Regardless I enjoy having the option to wield bladed weapons while being a multi/dual priest if the multi/dual allows it within in its respective allowable range. When I play a pure priest class I follow the weapon restriction. (Aka Lathander or npcs)

Well brother I hope you keep making mods when it interests you! You do a good job on them. And your right about the tankard helm and the bodyguard kit. Boss combo. Have a good one brudda.
    edited July 2018
    @Lethlian The Bodyguard kit has a nice story.

I was making two kits: the Bodyguard and the Militia Officer. Long story short, I f*cked up and released the Militia Officer under the Bodyguard features and the actual Bodyguard kit never saw the light of the day lol.

I was just able to notice this when a player called @Loldrup made some harsh and deserved critics against the mod. So I've noted on my To Do list fix the Militia Officer kit! and totally forgot about it until this very moment.

The Ethos thing comes from PnP definitely. If you want to, I have another mod called Deities of Faerûn that has 36 cleric kits for you to pick and some of them have a wider weapon selection. Check the thread if you want to know more about it.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    argent77 said:

The version number is hardcoded in the game executable, which is not easily accessible from the outside. The best you can do in WeiDU is to check for game-specific differences between v2.3 and v2.5 (such as new or updated files).

For example, BG2EE v2.5 added the files OHTEMPUS.2DA, BITS.IDS and WPROF.IDS. The new patch version also added a couple of new script action and trigger definitions to ACTION.IDS and TRIGGER.IDS respectively, which could also be used for a version check.

I arbitrarily choose to check for OHTEMPUS.2DA, but it does not seem to be a good idea, as some mods may add this file and FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME also check for files in the override folder.

So for anyone that need to check for v2.5, it may be safer to check for BITS.IDS or/and WPROF.IDS.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2018
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @AstroBryGuy I need the check for BGEE, SoD and BG2EE. BDENTBOY.CRE does not exist in BG2EE 2.5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Hello :)

I have a question (tell me news...)

Background:

I have a spell that casts an effect upon a creature and when it dies, it is replaced by another creature under the control of the original caster.

Question:

I want to make this creature follow the caster anywhere until destroyed (currently it can't leave the area where it is created) and I want the caster to not be able to have more than one creature of this kind at once.

So not a problem if the creature has a familiar, a summon, a dominated undead, a charmed humanoid and this creature, but I want to make it impossible to have two of this creature.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Raduziel said:

Hello :)

I have a question (tell me news...)

Background:

I have a spell that casts an effect upon a creature and when it dies, it is replaced by another creature under the control of the original caster.

Question:

I want to make this creature follow the caster anywhere until destroyed (currently it can't leave the area where it is created) and I want the caster to not be able to have more than one creature of this kind at once.

So not a problem if the creature has a familiar, a summon, a dominated undead, a charmed humanoid and this creature, but I want to make it impossible to have two of this creature.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you want to make the creature follow the caster anywhere, add a script block similar to that of the familiars in baldur.bcs

And to ensure there cannot be two of these creatures existing at once, add that to the creature script:
    IF
    	InMyArea("****") 	//**** is the creature resource name
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
    	DestroySelf()
    END

This way, if two exist at once, one of them (the last one to have been summoned, I believe) will be destroyed.
    Thanks, @Arunsun

Another thing, in which script entry would it go?
    Raduziel said:

Thanks, @Arunsun

Another thing, in which script entry would it go?

Override script is the best, to my knowledge
    Arunsun said:

If you want to make the creature follow the caster anywhere, add a script block similar to that of the familiars in baldur.bcs

And to ensure there cannot be two of these creatures existing at once, add that to the creature script:

IF
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
    	DestroySelf()
    END

This way, if two exist at once, one of them (the last one to have been summoned, I believe) will be destroyed.
    @Arunsun one question.

Let's say that someone is playing MP and two people decided to have the kit that gains this ability. If I understood the code correctly, no matter who summoned the first creature, the moment a second one appears in the area the earliest will be destroyed.

Did I get it right?

Thanks!

edited July 2018
    Raduziel said:

Arunsun said:

IF
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
    	DestroySelf()
    END

@Arunsun one question.

Let's say that someone is playing MP and two people decided to have the kit that gains this ability. If I understood the code correctly, no matter who summoned the first creature, the moment a second one appears in the area the earliest will be destroyed.

Did I get it right?

Thanks!

That's right. If you want two people to be able to have one of these, it is more complicated, you'd have to use variables, I think. Here's the solution I thought of:
    IF
    	LastSummonerOfMyself(Player1) 	
    	Global("WasICounted","LOCALS",0)
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
    	IncrementGlobal("nbofcreaturesummonedbyplayer1","GLOBAL",1)
    	SetGlobal("WasICounted","LOCALS",1)
    END

IF
    	GlobalGT("nbofcreaturesummonedbyplayer1","GLOBAL",1) 	
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100
    	DestroySelf()
    	IncrementGlobal("nbofcreaturesummonedbyplayer1","GLOBAL",-1)
    END

And repeat this for each player (1 to 6). The first block counts the summons for player 1, while the second destroy the summons until there is only one and decrements the count of summons.
    You would also have to apply a spell to your creature, to make it decrease the global variable that counts how many are summoned by one.
    Plus I don't really know how Baldur.BCS would react if more than one creature had the same scriptname and an action related to it.

Very complicated and prone to causing bugs if you ask me. I would settle for the first option, which only allows one such summon per party. I think the reason for which only PC can have a familiar is because it would require that type of scripting.
    I'll follow your advice. Thanks!
    I'd like to copy all the equipped effects of RING95.itm into another item. How can I do this with CLONE_EFFECT?
    Luke93 said:

I'd like to copy all the equipped effects of RING95.itm into another item. How can I do this with CLONE_EFFECT?

Maybe it is easier to turn a copy of Ring95 into another item.