Skip to content

Open face helmets more items/less variants or less items/more variants.

ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
I working on open face helmets, I just trying to break down the workflow. So there 255 item per base items. So would be like a break down of 1 item with five variants(same item just different color for example) =51 items per baseitem or 1 item with 10 variants for 25 items per baseitem? I'm kinda leaning towards the second one, but want to hear anybodies thoughts on this. Open face helmets do not support ptl at the moment so have to pick colors that the majority will like. Oh and give me some of the most popular open face helmets (idea,links) I working on turbin/headscarf and will be doing hoods after that.
Post edited by ShadowM on
voidofopinionSnafulator

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Crowns, circlets, Kung Lao or Raiden style hats?
    ShadowM
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    Norman casque, Norman conical helm, Open-face Bascinet, and Barbute. Just put those terms in Google image search and you will find more than enough pics. I just did and boy there lots of pics! Have to love the Internet!
    ShadowM
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    How about some motorcycle and police helmets for the d20 modern folks? I don't play d20 modern but it sounds cool.
    ShadowMGrymlorde
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399

Found these online, look pretty sweet and in lore
    ShadowMvoidofopinion
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    All great stuff, If you have links to any models (even nwn2 ones I can grab) that will save me time modeling them from scratch. I will put together a video of the turbans and starting on hoods.
    voidofopinion
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Haven't some of the 2da limits been increased yet?

It's really something important they should start to tackle I think.
  • SnafulatorSnafulator Member Posts: 27
    Very damn cool! I'd love to have some russian style hats! :D
    ShadowM
  • MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47
    Wizard's pointy hats, tricorns, swashbuckling hats (not sure what they're called... like oversized cowboy hats but with only one side up), the classic "Viking" horned helmet

and for the dwarves, one of those hats that will hold a couple of cans of beer with tubes to drink from... modified for miniature kegs, of course (just kidding... mostly)
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    I'm all for the Wizards pointy hats!! Also the kind of felt cap that Robin Hood wore...
    Malclave: sounds like a aussie Bush hats your talking about there with the one side pinned up....
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    Lisa made a really nice cavalier hat that uses the cloak slot. That hat can also be found in Project Q and CEP, IIRC. @ShadowM - have you looked at using the cloak slot instead of the helmet slot. Doesn't the helmet slot replace the entire head?
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    There are some systems that use head aligned vfx. It works but the head/hair goes through the vfx unless you would also have a vfx hair system.
    edited June 2018
    Grymlorde said:

Lisa made a really nice cavalier hat that uses the cloak slot. That hat can also be found in Project Q and CEP, IIRC. @ShadowM - have you looked at using the cloak slot instead of the helmet slot. Doesn't the helmet slot replace the entire head?

Like FreshLeomBun said this is a vfx version of open face helmet, with real items being placed in the helmet slot that signal SetHiddenWhenEquipped function that hiding the dummy helmet(which make it so the head does not disappear) So yes there will be some clipping issue with certain head model, until a bald head / vfx hair system is implemented or like I been suggesting is have some kind of marker on the open face helmet base that cut off any clipping or hide hair on the engine level and add some plt support to vfx or redo the helmet system. At the moment this the best solution for open face helmets and I getting a baseline of them made that I can easily adjust/improve if BD make some engine changes to better support them. If that never get realized I more than likely make my own bald head/hair vfx system.
    pscythedTd
    "Scio, Didici, Pecto" LOL
    VIDEO LINK
    pscythedTdNeverwinterWights
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Less items, more variants, if that's still the discussion.
    Ok done with the wizard hats, I used one from NWN2 and found out the texture needed a lot of rework (probably should made base model from scratch) I fixed the texture so it was not mirrored and up the resolution to 512x512 so you can put overlay texture on it like red wizard symbol , stars etc.. I adjust the unwrap uvw so it was more logical placed. Enough rambling I going to stop with these three for now and add them my base and as a stand alone for people to play with.
    dTdJFK
    Ok Demo module is up for you to poke LOL.
    LINK
    dTdpscythegrom56