Skip to content

Changing Characters in Saved Games

FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
edited June 2018 in Feature Requests
I know about preserving the "integrity of the game" and all of that but I never multi-play with other people online. I only play solo and it is as much about wasting time as it is about struggling through to the end. With that in mind, in the old BG and other games, when you loaded a saved game you could change which characters were put into the game when it reloaded. Yes, this could be used for cheating... that is how I usually used it... but it could also be used to bring in fresh characters and equipment in cases such as I have been having with SoD where I have characters who just die in the beds for no reason, or a character loses all of his equipment when transitioning from BGEE to SoD. Please let the players make their own moral and ethical choices about what hacks or cheats they want to use.
Post edited by Falkeep on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2018
    @Falkeep, if you start a game in multiplayer (but still playing solo) mode, you can create up to six characters, well actually as many as you need but you can only load upto six. In game, if you press C (Character Arbitration) or use the icon on the right hand panel (looks like two PCs talking together), you have the opportunity to change out characters.

Hopefully this will fix your prob.
    Gus

Edit: Spelling
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • FalkeepFalkeep Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2018
    I understand that. This isn't my issue. When I'm putting my team together, I want to make sure I'm adding my 1st level dwarven cleric instead of my 10th level one who has already been through the game. I want to be able to open a complete character sheet for a character before I decide if I want to actually add them to my party. Otherwise, I have to add them, hope they are the correct character, and then begin the game before I can look at them as see if they were who I actually wanted to add. Likewise, if I want to evaluate the pre-generated characters that come with the game. I would like to be able to evaluate them BEFORE I think about adding them and starting the game.

I understand the mechanics of putting a team of rolled characters together as a party... that is how I have played the game since BG (pre-EE) first came out. I am just asking for the ability to access the information on my rolled characters BEFORE I add them to my party. I have never played the game without a multiparty of my own rolled characters.

P.S. -- The main topic of this thread, however, is being able to choose which characters (beside CHARNAME) I put into my party when I load a saved game. You used to be able to do this with the original BG. What that does is allow me to change the make-up of my party as I move into different parts of the game. The way it used to work is that when you loaded a saved game, you could click on any of the characters (other than CHARNAME) and deselect them and then fill that space by importing another of your saved characters.
    Post edited by Falkeep on