Skip to content

Did not get Cure Light Wounds from Dream?

I am a fighter/thief/mage with reputation 14. I got the good dream and the text says I gained the special ability of cure light wounds, but I didn't. Is it because of my character class?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    You should have received it. If you didn't it sounds like a bug. A couple questions: 1) are you aware of the special abilities icon? That may sound like a dumb question, but if you're a new player it might not be obvious, and that is where you can activate the ability. 2) Do you have any mods installed? If you do, they may be the source of possible bugs.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    On reading this I remembered the same thing happening to me sometimes, so I checked back through old saved games and found that none of my multiclass characters got CLW as a special ability (I'm playing v1.3 though so this might not be the case in later versions).
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39

You should have received it. If you didn't it sounds like a bug. A couple questions: 1) are you aware of the special abilities icon? That may sound like a dumb question, but if you're a new player it might not be obvious, and that is where you can activate the ability. 2) Do you have any mods installed? If you do, they may be the source of possible bugs.

Ah! I didn't know to check the special ability section but I did know there are a bunch of separate slots on the quick bar. I found it. Thanks! It seems that special ability is not affected by the fact I have armor? If I get another good dream that awards the cure light wound do I get to cast the special ability twice?
    OrlonKronsteen
    dunbar said:

On reading this I remembered the same thing happening to me sometimes, so I checked back through old saved games and found that none of my multiclass characters got CLW as a special ability (I'm playing v1.3 though so this might not be the case in later versions).

I found it under special abilities

Question though: It says it can be casted once per day, does that mean once per rest or the literal day in the game?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    FQVBSina said:

Ah! I didn't know to check the special ability section but I did know there are a bunch of separate slots on the quick bar. I found it. Thanks! It seems that special ability is not affected by the fact I have armor? If I get another good dream that awards the cure light wound do I get to cast the special ability twice?
    Special abilities are not effected by armor. If you get multiple of the same ability (this is common) then you can cast it twice a day.
    FQVBSina said:

Question though: It says it can be casted once per day, does that mean once per rest or the literal day in the game?
    Everything that says you can do it once a day will be renewed by rest. If you spend a short enough time awake there can be 3 distinct "days" in a 24 hour period.
    Grond0OrlonKronsteenThacoBell
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Once per day means once per rest. So you can't just spend a day traveling and get back your spells.
    Grond0OrlonKronsteenThacoBell