Skip to content

Chat Log

AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
* The Chat Log and Combat Log UI now remember their size between play sessions (in the .ini); they also remember split mode/combined mode.

this new feature does not work, after you split the windows if you restart the game client, a single window reappears
dTd

Comments

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Also, I would like to add, that even with sticky combat modes set to 1 on the client and server they are not sticky. Expertise disables as soon as you click away. Latest stable version.
    Aliberto
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    @Aliberto

- When changing the sizing/split mode, does it save the new values to the .ini file?
    - Is it simply failing to restore the values when launching a save/new game, or is it failing to persist them?
    - What OS are you on?
    - Is this happen in SP games or in multiplayer/after connecting to a server?

Sorry for the trouble. This is not something I can repro on my end, so I have to ask really simple questions to track it down.
    JuliusBorisov
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    I know you didn't ask me, but it happens when connecting to a server on a lan for me every time. They are being saved in the ini, just not loading.
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Anyone every wish the chatlog(s) had a longer buffer? Sometimes scrolling back through a combat log, the buffer is still too short to see some of the math for what's transpired in a big fight.

-Dave
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    @niv
    >> When changing the sizing/split mode, does it save the new values to the .ini file?
    Yes, ChatUISplitScreen=1
    ChatUIPrimaryHeight=2.08
    ChatUISecondaryHeight=1.83

>> Is it simply failing to restore the values when launching a save/new game, or is it failing to persist them?
    I change it just in game and it works, but when I relogin in a server I have a single window again

>> What OS are you on?
    Windows 7 prof (on two personal computer the same problem)

>> Is this happen in SP games or in multiplayer/after connecting to a server?
    Multiplayer, if i leave the server (also without restart the client), then relog in the server i have a single window again
  • NorfildurNorfildur Member Posts: 7
    I have the same issue reported by Aliberto. When playing on PWs, even if the split mode and dimensions of each chat is saved in the .ini file, the client ALWAYS starts with a unique chat window with the default size, and I have to split and resize each time.
    I play on Windows 10 and the issue is present in both clients (Beamdog and Steam).
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Thanks, everyone. Issue was located and will be fixed.
    JuliusBorisovgrom56
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Is a fix still in the works for this? The problem is still on-going.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @grom56 Please, opt in the dev build 8178 to try it (should be fixed). We had to remove the chat split pane saving option. The sizes are saved correctly now.
    grom56
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    I'll look into that @JuliusBorisov , but the DM of our PW asked us to hold off doing any updates for a bit. The last one split the place in half as some of us updated and some didn't as well as the server hadn't. I'll check with him to see if it's ok to update to 8178 now.
    Thanks!!
    JuliusBorisov