Skip to content

CEP 2.65

TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
CEP 2.65 is now available.

https://neverwintervault.org/cep

Fixes an error in parts_robe.2da and adds about 140 placeables.

Available as a full download, an update from 2.64, or an update via Steam Workshop (for EE players that only play via Steam).

If you plan on building with the CEP, or playing NWN modules/servers that use it without going through Steam, you should get the standard download from the Vault.
ProlericJFKSylvus_MoonbowthirdmousetfoxdunahanJuliusBorisovGrymlordezunathAtrophiedericDrakonfot1OldTimeRadiojackjackNelnardis

Comments

• dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    Will there be an erf for the new placeables?
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    dTd said:

Will there be an erf for the new placeables?

Nope.

There are so many placeable models in the CEP these days that creating placeable blueprints is both time-consuming and would quickly push the game toward the 16k module resource limit...and I do not advise putting them all in a hak unless you are the only person that will ever touch those blueprints.

There were many created by lovellin when CEP 2.60 was released (link), but that is a stand-alone entry and is not directly included in the CEP downloads.

You can access all the models by dropping any placeable in an area, editing its properties, and using the "appearance" drop-down. Most of the newest ones start with "structure", "obelisk", and "puddle" (though there are some others).

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Thank-you for your continued support with CEP ever since the original members turned their backs on it you stepped up to keep it going for the community.
    fot1
    edited March 2018
    Ah, forgot to post change notes this time.

Fixed:
    fixed robes always showing up on armor (parts_robe.2da line 0) - an oops I made in 2.64

cep260.tlk - Changes from 2.64:
    145006: changed an item palette label
    2da changelog: 2.65:

parts_robe.2da:
    0: fixed ACBONUS (changing **** back to 0) and HASMODEL (**** to 1) values

placeables.2da:
    25210-25249: added puddles by The Amethyst Dragon
    25250-25305: added Egyptian themed objects by PLUSH HYENA of DOOM
    25306-25351: added Africa themed objects by PLUSH HYENA of DOOM
    2.65 Hak Order

cep2_add_doors (optional)

cep2_add_loads (optional)

Phenotypes Set: (optional)
    cep2_add_phenos1
    + cep2_add_phenos2
    + cep2_add_phenos3
    + cep2_add_phenos4

cep2_add_reforge (optional)

cep2_add_skies (optional)

CEP-Modified Tilesets: (optional)
    cep2_add_tiles1
    + cep2_add_tiles2

Extended BioWare Tilesets + CEP-Modified Tilesets: (optional)
    cep2_ext_tiles
    + cep2_add_tiles1
    + cep2_add_tiles2

cep2_build (optional)

cep2_custom (optional)

Required:
    cep2_top_2_65
    cep2_core0
    cep2_core1
    cep2_core2
    cep2_core3
    cep2_core4
    cep2_core5
    cep2_core6
    cep2_core7

Not a Hak, but Required:
    cep260.tlk

Outdated Haks:
    The download includes other "cep2_" hak files that are not currently used,
    but are kept available for backwards compatibility back to CEP 2.1 (meaning
    a player with the current CEP can still play modules/PWs that were/are
    built with older versions).
    dunahanfot1
    If it's not too much trouble to ask, is there a list somewhere of what's included?
    dTd said:

If it's not too much trouble to ask, is there a list somewhere of what's included?

If you're looking for the newer stuff just in this update:
    Puddles
    Africa
    (not) Egypt

There is not a complete list of everything in the CEP.

You can browse the 2da files to get that info for creatures (appearance.2da), placeables (placeables.2da), wings (wingmodel.2da), tails (tailmodel.2da), and more.

Some things, like weapons, armor, and other items, do not appear in 2da files. For those kinds of content, you'd want to browse item appearances in the toolset.
  • Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
    I know there's already a lot of crossover between Q and CEP, and that they're both active and separate projects which aren't off-the-shelf compatible with each other .....but what are the chances of more Q content coming over into the CEP in future releases? Is there any talk of an official "merged" version?
    Lex23 said:

I know there's already a lot of crossover between Q and CEP, and that they're both active and separate projects which aren't off-the-shelf compatible with each other .....but what are the chances of more Q content coming over into the CEP in future releases? Is there any talk of an official "merged" version?

I may be pulling a little bit here and there from Q into the CEP (I was given permission a while back, before maeglyn stepped up to keep Project Q alive and kicking). I do not plan on bringing over much, mainly just things like a few improved animal models where the CEP ones may be seriously in need (such as when I brought in the camel and elephant from Q, because the older CEP ones barely passed as their intended creatures).

No talk of an official merged version of Project Q and the CEP. Things would have to be moved around to accommodate content from both, some of the content conflicts (shared file names, differing item structures in some cases), and the merge would have to be constantly updated whenever either project makes any sort of update. Not impossible by any means for a builder, but a lot of work and probably guaranteed to make someone unhappy no matter how things are done.

Best advice is probably to pick either the CEP or Project Q as a base for your module, then just merge in the content that you want from the second package for your module. For things that are controlled by 2da files, you'd just merge in the lines for things you want. For other things like inventory icons, there'd be more work just in case the content from the packages directly conflicts (same file names, or different item structures (simple item vs. 3-part version, for example).
    tfox
  • Knight_ShieldKnight_Shield Member Posts: 51
    What talk files are in the CEP 2.65 tlk folder. I'm running CEP 2.3 on my mod.

This is in my tlk folder now

cep2_v1.tlk
    cep21_v1.tlk
    cep22_v1.tlk
    cep23_v1.tlk
    For version 2.60 and later, you should also have cep260.tlk.
    I think there's a 2da issue with the nodachi greatsword. Even though it's properties are set correctly it's undroppable and unsellable once you have it.
    dTd said:

I think there's a 2da issue with the nodachi greatsword. Even though it's properties are set correctly it's undroppable and unsellable once you have it.

nodachi greatsword?

The only greatswords in baseitems.2da are the standard greatsword and the mercurial greatsword.
    Odd, cep is all I've ever had attached to this module starting with cep 1.
    edited March 2018
    ZEP_NODACHI is the Tag and resref, all model 19 color 1. Possibly from cep2_add_sb_v1. Looks like a samurai sword to me. Frankly I've never used it before until recently I've added it to my loot spawn. Since removed but even if it's not a default cep2 item, there's an issue making a sword with those models considering there's nothing unusual about it other than the name and tag. Baseitemtype is greatsword.
  • PhantomizerPhantomizer Member Posts: 76
    The problem present with the robes on 2.64 is now present with belt and shoulders, just thought I'd mention that, lol

The problem present with the robes on 2.64 is now present with belt and shoulders, just thought I'd mention that, lol

Crap. Ok. I'll get it fixed.

@dTd Not sure what's going on with that sword.
    I uploaded a quickfix to the Vault (a 322KB download, just replaces the cep2_top_2_65.hak with fixed version). Didn't change version numbers this time simply because it was just a minor change to a single line on two 2da files.

Also uploaded the fix to the Steam Workshop version.

Missed those lines before because, while belt and shoulder 2das look identical to all the other parts_* ones at first glance, their first line is different (probably because there aren't actual shoulder and belt (or robe) body parts, while every other armor part has a matching body part).
    dTdProlericPhantomizer
    Little problem with some cep scripts, maybe you've seen this before and can help me:

When compiling I get these errors:

FUNCTION DEFINITION MISSING NAME
    const float fDEFAULT_SPEED = 1000.0;

the preceding lines are the includes:

#include "zep_inc_constant"
    #include "zep_inc_1st_rp"

I can't have been the only one :)
    Well, using nwntx it compiles without issue, so must be a compiler thing.
  • AngeliqueA33AngeliqueA33 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there I am truly in need of help .... I bought EE version from Beamdog. several of the modules i wish to play require a spacific talk table . I downloaded cep 2.65 thinking it would be easy to add all and get a result. However, not having a computer brain I found cep 2.65 does not offer a guide to placing the files it contains. I expanded the d/load and found a folder Lang with over 80 text docs and one file ... TTT en. the text docs just are lettered from af to Zh-tw ( am i on the right track ) but there is no way I can find how to ID each text doc or know where to place it regarding folders in the beamdog NWN EE download . I presume thats where they should go . when I downloaded the original cep years ago it came with seperation of the files eg. tlk , hak ... or whereever they needed to be placed 2.65 does not give me the guide to help at all from what I can see. So, i need help what am I doing wrong or missing ...... plz once I could do this when I had a husband who was able to help but nowI am not able, am I on the wrong track . Would so appreciate help .... i dearly love playing LOC from when it was a lvl 40 only server and wish to continue it is why I bought the EE version but find i cant play because it needs the talk files added . Oh a question .... why are all the folders empty on the Beamdog download . It makes me wonder am I trying to put the se 2.65 files in the right place.
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    @AngeliqueA33 even if you bought EE from Beamdog you can still get a Steam key from Beamdog. This will give you access to the Workshop on Steam which have the CEP packaged for one-click install.
    thats good news indeed ... how do i proceed ... i will try and find out how its what I really need i think ...thanks so much for the help pscythe
    edited June 2018
    Well, I'd rather not install steam unless I have too. CEP2.65 is exactly the same as it always was, *.hak files go in (windows) My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\hak, *.tlk files go in My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\tlk, there are a couple ambient sound files (*.wav) which go in My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ambient and all the docs can go in docs. If you want to use the sample modules they go in My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\modules. Nothing has changed except you use My Documents instead of the install directory.
    but thats my problem .... none of the files are identified ... as tlk , hak etc . so i dont know what i am doing wrong . I have the original Nwn discs loaded with cep 2.3 and when it is downloaded it has folders with the files in them to place as required ..... dmvault . erf, docs,hak,modules,tlk . but this 2.65 has one folder with about 87 files that dont have any identification and so I dont know where to put what. Obviously its me and I dont understand something because nobody else seems to have trouble . but its not the same as i was shown and i cant work it out .so the foder they I have downloaded in 2.65 is called Lang and has 87 text docs inside starting with af and ending with zh-tw and that is all i see so i just dont know where i am going wrong or is it the 7z ... i have never used it before. anyway I have no choice but to try and get the key for steam .... and if its correct let steam install the files from the workshop. But thanks dTd it must sound crazy or something but i have tried so many thing but no go, so my beamdog EE version isnt doing what i want because i am not understand something

• PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    It doesn't sound like you've got the right download or have maybe not extracted them properly (but I don't have any of those files you mention). If it helps, I downloaded from https://neverwintervault.org/cep and chose cep_2_65_full.7z which is what you'll want in a fresh installation (it's the first download in the list at the foot of the page)

Once you have it, right-click and 'extract' and you should get the folder structure you're expecting, the contents of which can then be copied into the erf/tlk/hak directories as appropriate
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177

but thats my problem .... none of the files are identified ... as tlk , hak etc .

I suspect you have your 'file extensions hidden' see

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-xp-vista/how-to-hide-or-show-file-extensions-in-windows/
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    This help page on adobe's website shows how to show file extensions for all versions of windows from XP onwards.

TR
    According to this page, if I'm using the C.R.A.P. tilesets and CEP 2.65 I no longer need this hak: http://nwncep.wikia.com/wiki/Hak:_cep2_crp.hak is that correct?