Skip to content

I finally killed Jondalar!

TumbledEnamelTumbledEnamel Member Posts: 2
Jondalar was the first hostile I ever met in a video game, eleven years ago. I'm sure I spent a good 30 seconds taking his imaginary hits before I landed a good whack on him with my starter quarterstaff. And now he's dead. I bugged both him and Erik to death. I'm playing my first nearly solo run of BG1 using my phone(I refuse to ever play Baldur's Gate 1 without Imoen, so this is the best anyone will ever get of me), and I'm using a cleric. I met Jondalar, and challenged him for old time's sake. I cast Command on Erik, and started whaling on good ol' Jon. I realized after he hit Badly Injured that he wasn't surrendering.I switched targets to Erik, and killed him then Jondalar. It was easy since they're incapable of actually doing damage. I'm too lazy to recreate and test it, but if anyone's starting a game as a cleric soon, give it a shot. Jondalar doesn't even drop a staff, but Erik drops a longbow, and there's no reputation penalty.

I don't know what else to say here, so let's hear some stories about bug-killing people!

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Which patch-level of the game are you playing? I remember discovering that a Commanded Jondalar/Erik could be killed for more XP, that that seemed to be patched out by the 1.3 release. It seems possible this 'feature' was restored in a subsequent patch though?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited June 2018

I cast Command on Erik, and started whaling on good ol' Jon. I realized after he hit Badly Injured that he wasn't surrendering.I switched targets to Erik, and killed him then Jondalar. It was easy since they're incapable of actually doing damage.

I had a similar experience when I used "command" during the mock fight with Erik and Jondalar. I RP'd in my mind that Erik and Jondalar were actually assassins like Shank and Carbos, who used the so-called "training session" as a cover to try to kill my Charname. However, IIRC, it turned the others nearby (like Reevor) hostile, so I ended up reloading.

I found that bug to be a bit ironic and rather frustrating given that Jondalar explicitly ASKS you to try a spell on him. :#

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Jondalar was the first hostile I ever met in a video game, eleven years ago. I'm sure I spent a good 30 seconds taking his imaginary hits before I landed a good whack on him with my starter quarterstaff. And now he's dead. I bugged both him and Erik to death. I'm playing my first nearly solo run of BG1 using my phone(I refuse to ever play Baldur's Gate 1 without Imoen, so this is the best anyone will ever get of me), and I'm using a cleric. I met Jondalar, and challenged him for old time's sake. I cast Command on Erik, and started whaling on good ol' Jon. I realized after he hit Badly Injured that he wasn't surrendering.I switched targets to Erik, and killed him then Jondalar. It was easy since they're incapable of actually doing damage. I'm too lazy to recreate and test it, but if anyone's starting a game as a cleric soon, give it a shot. Jondalar doesn't even drop a staff, but Erik drops a longbow, and there's no reputation penalty.

I don't know what else to say here, so let's hear some stories about bug-killing people!

Bounty Hunter traps laying waste to Elminster 4 times at almost 30k per kill! You can do it with the other thief types too (except shadowdancer) bit it's a lot more tedious with only half the trap potential.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Balrog99 said:

Bounty Hunter traps laying waste to Elminster 4 times at almost 30k per kill! You can do it with the other thief types too (except shadowdancer) bit it's a lot more tedious with only half the trap potential.

Yea but what about the moral cost of killing such a legendary, amazing person time after time?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    elminster said:

Balrog99 said:

Yea but what about the moral cost of killing such a legendary, amazing person time after time?
    I play neutral evil for bounty hunters. >:)
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    elminster said:

Balrog99 said:

Isn’t the fact that Elminster returns again and again - regardless if his former appearence was killed - a sign that he deems supporting you worth it and that he never is truly dead but only toying with an emerging hero that could need the XP?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    elminster said:

Balrog99 said:

Doppelgängers every single last one of them.