Skip to content

Help modding the font and UI for PS:T EE

walter10hwalter10h Member Posts: 4
Hello. I've been trying to use another font for PS:T EE, however I can't seem to make it work at all. I tried using a BAM, a TTF, put it in override, put it in lang, but it always default to the default font and font size. I have low vision and the text is awfully small for me, even with the zoom. Also, even if I configure the lua file, some text is still too tiny. Same deal with the UI, the icons are small and hard to see, same thing with the tablet UI. So here's my question. How can I mod the font on the Enhanced Edition of PS:T? And what about the UI itself to make it bigger?

Also is the 2.5 update coming to this game?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    walter10h said:

No, PST:EE is on a separate branch of the Infinity Engine (v3 instead of v2). We might see some functions from the 2.x-branch cross over (and vice versa) but that will have to wait for a new patch to arrive for PST:EE and the work on that will be started once all the other IE-games are patched and have version parity.

• walter10hwalter10h Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018

walter10h said:

No, PST:EE is on a separate branch of the Infinity Engine (v3 instead of v2). We might see some functions from the 2.x-branch cross over (and vice versa) but that will have to wait for a new patch to arrive for PST:EE and the work on that will be started once all the other IE-games are patched and have version parity.

Thanks. Hopefully it will come sooner than later. :smile:
    lefreut said:

You're awesome! Thanks for the help. I swear, game developers really make their fonts and UI for ants (I know this game wasn't made by beamdog, but come on guys, please make the thing more accessible to us blindies). I haven't been able to play any infinity rpgs because of this, and most modern games are a pain and a half because of small fonts or some retarded grey-on-black color scheme.

All that aside, I had no idea that styles could be overwritten like that. I figured I had to screw around with BGEE.lua directly no matter what. I went ahead and changed the point size too so I could have a bigger default size.

What about the floating text? Is there anything I can do about that? The rest of the text looks great but the floating text is still for ants.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @walter10h Your comment was caught by the forum's spam filter. I have returned it and verified you so that this should not happen again.