Skip to content

Great Games

Just had to stop in to comment how great it is to see these classics brought back. I actually still have my original BG and BG2 cds, but still ended up buying the ios versions because I like to support this kind of effort. I was a little dishearten to find out there is no version on the Amazon Appstore. I played on an old Ipad 2 (Which still runs BG and Icewind Dale fairly well), but recently got a new Kindle Fire 10 HD and was about to buy all the games again to play them on a newer, faster tablet. I do not want to add google app store, as I do not 100% trust the source, and in today's climate I would rather not root or otherwise sideload an app unofficially. Alas, it is not meant to be, if there is no kindle version at this point, I don't see one being created. Question, if the google play store runs on a fire, and these games seem to work on a fire, I am assuming there is a barrier to applying this same codebase to the amazon store that is the reason? Not sure what it takes, if Amazon requires a separate code base then android (Fire OS is a derivative, but very close), or do they take too much control if on their appstore? Just wondering.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is a good question. Try asking it during a livestream by the developers. :)
  • BookishNoleBookishNole Member Posts: 2
    Ill try and do that. I am truly ignorant on the subject, so am not really sure what it takes, but it has to be something. Else, why turn down another revenue stream? You have a codebase that is actually being actively tested by people on the hardware (Through sideloading the google play store), so if it was a minor thing I cant seem them not taking advantage of it. Wondering what is required, as the effort seems to be more then the reward or dual appstore submission (Amazon and Google) would be common place.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    i still have my bg and bg2 cd's as well. Welcome to the forum!
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly.

@Nimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Hello! Have a :cookie:!