Skip to content

GOG Galaxy?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i believe that was more due to pst in general not the ee.
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Maybe, still the point there is a share of the pie getting NWN:EE sold on GOG platform
  • TorreyHTorreyH Member Posts: 3
    I have bought all the Beamdog EE's, except for Dragonspear, on GOG. I'd just like to get Neverwinter, too. Hope it happens. :)
    I hope too
    Still nothing new on the release of NWN on GOG
    Taro94
  • WaitingForLoveWaitingForLove Member Posts: 3
    Still nothing?
    It be awesome if someone from the team at least could indicate an estimated timeframe.

I really - really want all my games on one place. Since steam doesn't has NWN2 anymore gog would be perfect. I moved my physical copies around half the globe, if I could buy it from gog it would save me so much hastle.
  • jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    Maybe you would have more chance if you posted your request/votes on GOG as well.
  • WaitingForLoveWaitingForLove Member Posts: 3
    jglvz256 said:

Maybe you would have more chance if you posted your request/votes on GOG as well.

Could you elaborate?
    Its up to the devs to initiate contact to gog, its up to the devs to let us know if they refused their offer to add NVN:EE to the catalogue.
    There is something in the GOG community, where you can vote for the game you want;

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/neverwinter_nights_enhanced_edition

And during last stream, @TrentOster did say that they did contact GOG, and that GOG did reply. So they are in talk right now if I understand right.

But sadly on ETA. And I think the whole point is that GOG has the right to sell the vanilla edition, and knowing from the past, Beamdog will want to remove the classic from the store, and it will be bundled with the EE.

I do own the classic, but I want the EE on GOG...
    fetito666
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    Zwerkules
    According to last stream, it seems communication with GOG is still on, and going foward. Let's just hope the game release sooner than later.
    superfly2000
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    The game is far from done and although that might not be the main reason it has not been released on GoG I don't see any rush.

It should never have been released on Steam like this. Without updates to textures, models...and without NWNX support for windows servers.

There is a reason most PW servers are still left in the older version...
    RifleLeroyNostariel
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    I'm just not buying into this "we dont want to change anything because then we might break something" approach.

If some donkey decided to build their whole module using only placeables they deserve whats coming to them....
    Ok... so you'll wait when the game get released?
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    superfly2000
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @superfly2000 said

I'm just not buying into this "we dont want to change anything because then we might break something" approach.

Since there are loads of bug fixes there is plenty of stuff that has changed. Also you don't now need a degree in code-origami to get it to work on windows 10. Question, why do you want to deny new players from access to over 3500 working modules that I doubt even you've played all of. That would be the result of the damn backwards compatibility attitude that you espouse. Patience. You'll get your eye candy eventually.

TR
    dTdsuperfly2000
    I would like to see a "behind the scene"; how Beamdog got the game to release on GOG, all the secrets revealed lol
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's now in Short-term Active < 3 months. :)

https://trello.com/c/tY8UCv1T/156-gog-galaxy-support
    superfly2000Taro94
    Very nice to see this
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Actarus said:

I would like to see a "behind the scene"; how Beamdog got the game to release on GOG, all the secrets revealed lol

Just ask on Fridays stream. I'm sure they would be happy to tell you.

:)
    I ask every Friday that I can be there, but since it's not released yet, it must not be done completly.
  • PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    September 1 and still no GOG purchase available. No idea why not, since you have a few hundred (or more) who are still saying that they are "waiting until it goes for sale on GOG". The "GOG Galaxy Support" sounds.....almost...teasing by this point. :/
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

September 1 and still no GOG purchase available. No idea why not, since you have a few hundred (or more) who are still saying that they are "waiting until it goes for sale on GOG". The "GOG Galaxy Support" sounds.....almost...teasing by this point. :/

In the stream yesterday they said (if I remember correctly) that they were making sure some features were working with GOG Galaxy so that once it would hit GOG it would actually work and play nice with the galaxy app. So it's still coming to GOG.

You are right. Last stream was hard to understand due to audio issue. But they are one last thing to fix before GOG release, and it's GOG Galaxy implementation. Basicly they want Galaxy feature, like friend list, to be compatible with the game. So you can see who is online, on what server they are, and so on.

I think the game is coming soon. Officially no ETA, but probably this month. Maybe they will annouce something on PAX today...
  • PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
    Really? Well, this is one case in which I *definitely* want to be wrong! :p I hope they get whatever is the hold up fixed and open it to those waiting over in the GOG Galaxy!
    Look at the Trello Roadmap board. Specifically for what's in the next development build. Looks like a big announcement in the next stream.

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2018
    Just a note.

There's a slight difference, though, between a build being able to support GOG Galaxy, and this build being available at GOG for players.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @JuliusBorisov: Could you please bring up the topic of the Steam achievements ETA in the live stream tomorrow?

Thank you!

Beamdog 4ever!
    JuliusBorisov
    Still a big step closer though @JuliusBorisov, yes?

TR
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, it's a big step.