Skip to content

adding portraits to existing characters (maybe wrong forum? oops?)

back in the old pre-EE days someone explained this to me once. but that was pre-EE and pre-Beamdog. Anyway, I want to add a portrait to Neira (the cleric who tries to kill you in the Naskhel inn, and of course not the wild mage). I have a portrait for her, and I already have consoled her into my party; I just don't know how to give her said portrait. Help?

(apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm sure the admins can move it as necessary. Also same question for Xzar in BG2.)

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    If there is a portrait there now, then it is likely that all you need to do is rename the image to NIERA.BMP and place it into the 'override' folder. If there isn't a portrait there now (meaning it wasn't picked up from the game piccy), then you should be able to place it in your portraits folder usng the naming convention (neiraM.bmp), and allocate it via the Customise button in the Character Record.

If that doesn't work, you can use EEKeeper to give a portrait to either. I don't think Xzar has a portrait in BG2, so EEKeeper will be fine. Just place the portrait into your portraits folder then edit the saved game once you have them.

Gus
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    yeah, the override folder is how you did it in the old days for a character that doesn't have a portrait of their own. but I don't see an override folder now, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Arcalian, the override folder should be located in the Game folder (not the documents area). It isn't created by default, only when a mod changes something. If it isn't there, just create the folder and you should be right. If you are using EEKeeper, then you can place the portraits in your portraits folder (located in your documents folder) and they will be picked up.

Gus