Skip to content

M'Khiin stat modifiers?

This is probably more for the devs than anyone else. Since she's a goblin, what's her basic race modifiers?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    From The Complete Book of Humanoids:

ArcalianJuliusBorisovThacoBellZaghoul
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Raduziel said:

That's actually pretty strange. I can understand the strength and charisma penalty and the max constitution of 16, but why the dexterity max of only 17? I would think that with their size and propensity for bows they should be able to reach 18 or even get a bonus to dexterity and a max of 19. No gimping to intelligence or wisdom either? That's also odd since there aren't any examples of intellectual goblins that I know of. Shamans don't even require high wisdom.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Raduziel said:

I absolutely need a goblin with an intelligence and wisdom of 18 in my life now that I know it is lore friendly. There's no reason there isn't any goblin demiliches or a goblin Elminster out there. Wait a minute, how do we know Elminster *isn't* a goblin?
    ThacoBellRaduzielZaghoul
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

Raduziel said:

I absolutely need a goblin with an intelligence and wisdom of 18 in my life now that I know it is lore friendly. There's no reason there isn't any goblin demiliches or a goblin Elminster out there. Wait a minute, how do we know Elminster *isn't* a goblin?
    Goblins only have a 20 year life span I think so that would be the primary limitation. If they can get their hands on some life extension magics quick enough then the sky is the limit, but most goblins probably die before they can achieve too much.

Plus you'd probably need schooling beyond what most goblins have access to.

Basically the goblin elminster would have to be a very exceptional goblin, but then again the human El minster is a pretty exceptional human anyway.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I do like goblins. Well, going by 2nd edition, gobs average max age is 50 in the same Complete Book of Humanoids. I expect in general, goblin backstabbery cuts the life down a bit more on life though, plus hating on dwarves, orcs, and gnomes can't be to good on age (esp, given M'Khiin's run in with a certain few, that always cracks me up ;) ). Spell users can be clerics, shamans, and witch doctors (C/M basically- a M with only one sphere really, but we can let that bit slide). Being that we have lvl limitaions in the BG series not being used, I could see a lich being possible based on divine lvls.
    Goblin society just may not provide the proper stimulus and environmental factors to provide one with high mental stats. Raise a PC goblin in Candlekeep however, and I think we'd have an all kinds of possibilities.

One thing that I always notice is that the goblins regarding Neera in BG1 all use Long composite bows, 18 str required. Those lil dudes must be straight up hardcore lifters (or maybe some wild magic got to em. As good as any other reason I reckon. B)

I guess some races were just thought not to have as high a dex rating, like the dwarves (or H/O's in 1st edition AD&D).
    ChroniclerThacoBell
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Wait a minute, how do we know Elminster *isn't* a goblin?

You don't