Skip to content

Error leaving game with the Beamdog Client.

grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
Hello;
I got a error message when I ended my NWN-EE DD game. A box popped up that the client had a problem and to report it to BD support also told me to mention: EXIT CODE: 3221225477.

Not sure what this was all about, the game played fine and closing the client seemed to have no issue.

Thanks!
Grom56

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! If the crash happens again, please, report it on support.baldursgate.com, attaching all the information about this crash you can provide.
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Will do Julius, but just to let you know, I was playing NWN not Baldurs Gate. Gussing it doesn't make a difference?
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    grom56 said:

Will do Julius, but just to let you know, I was playing NWN not Baldurs Gate. Gussing it doesn't make a difference?

no, it's the same
    Thanks Aliberto.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Was there any particular way that you were quitting the game? Or any other specific details that may differentiate it from a standard log-off? (For example, was this an extended play-period? etc) Anything you can think of would help us narrow things down. :)
    No nothing like that Shaiden. I exited the game as I always do. I'll open a ticket over at BG.com as Julius asked.
    Thanks to you all for your help and advice. Looks like this may have been fixed. I played today, both on the PW and solo and had no issues closing the client.
    Spoke too soon I guess, issue is popping up again. Never did hear anything from the support folks about this, guess that's why I figured it was fixed: No news is good news kind of thing. Ah well, it doesn't seem to stop the game from working, so I guess that's good enough.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please update the bug-tracker ticket with that information, thanks.
    Will do JB, thanks.
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I have the exact same thing happen to me about 50% of the time. I just ignore it. I am closing the game anyway and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
    @Dwayne yeah that's what I do now as well. Doesn't seem to be more then a pain of a pop-up when I end the game.

@JuliusBorisov I did as you asked and updated my ticket. Well opened a new one truthfully ( wasn't sure I could update the old) And got a almost answer. The tech said he moved it to a place called "NWN public tracker" for better visibility. I have no idea where that is, so I'm hoping that that is not the dead letter file. Oh well, so it goes.
    Of course it'll be very useful. The QA will get to the ticket, sooner or later, depending on their time resources.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    @grom56
    Basically there's different repositories for bugs of different products, The bug was filed in the Beamdog client section, which is technically correct, but a fair amount of activity occurs on the NWN tracker. As such, they moved it there to hopefully be addressed sooner, which is also a correct place to put it. :)

I've seen it, and when I get some time I'm going to corrolate other bug reports, attempt to get a repro, and *likely* shift a copy to the internal (non-public) tracker, assuming there isn't one there already.
    @Shaiden ; @JuliusBorisov
    Thanks guys. I'm one of those folks that like to see what's going on, so I've been out to the bug tracker place often and try to keep up with my filings. I'll pop out there in the next day or so and see if I can follow the path it's taking. :D
    @JuliusBorisov ; @Shaiden :

Wanted to post an update on this issue, since I finally got one myself today:

A Mr. Bill Harper closed my ticket today saying that it was a non-issue.

"Status changed from New to Closed - Not an Issue
    Hi, sorry for the delay in response. your original report was on the Beamdog Client, and I found the ticket in our Beamdog client tracker. I reviewed it, and I believe they're going to need a substantial amount more information to work on it. For starters, what operating system you're using. While I agree it's been an inordinate amount of time, the ticket does indeed exist and I assume they'll reply when they can. As such, I will close this ticket out. Sorry for all the mixup on top of matters."

I no longer know what he's talking about. My issue was supposed to have been moved to NWN tracker back in June. He says he "found" it in Beamdog Client Tracker today. I can't make heads or tails of who he is saying will reply to this closed ticket, nor do I care at this point.

This was from June... I only reported it in the first place because of the pop-ups telling me too, over and over.... The issue has long ago gone away, I just find it sad that you all TELL me to report the problem, and 5 months later the first person to look at it, closes it as a non-issue.

As I've said... Life in the big city... ya take you joy where ya can find it.....

edited December 2018
    @grom56 The "non-issue" status of a report on support.baldursgate.com is just a neutral status meaning the problem is not happening right now. I'm glad that "the issue has long ago gone away".

I actually thank you for creating that report, as that is the only correct way to tell the team about bugs. Sometimes bugs are getting fixed without an immediate notification for a user who reported them.

Your report - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38038 - was a dupe of another public ticket - the one you mentioned in that report.

And our QA actually asked you: "I believe they're going to need a substantial amount more information to work on it. For starters, what operating system you're using. While I agree it's been an inordinate amount of time, the ticket does indeed exist and I assume they'll reply when they can." - Please update your original ticket https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37614 as it's a bit difficult to do something with it considering the given vague information.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Thanks for the reply @JuliusBorisov . I'm glad the issue went away as well, I'm guessing an update fixed the problem, and truthfully, I forgot all about it until Mr. Harper sent me the update.

I'm happy to update the original ticket, but other then my system, not sure what they need. I thought I copied the two crash files to the ticket at the time, but maybe I didn't.