Skip to content

Caelar Argent in ToB

Is it possible to have Caelar Argent in your party in Throne of Bhaal?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nope.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    Try getting a trilogy mod compatible with SOD and then C:CreateCreature and Ctrl-Q
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    ThacoBell said:

Nope.

Not yet.

#bringBackCaelar
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Some mods are in the works for this.
  • Fulsom2121Fulsom2121 Member Posts: 25
    I have one mod from here https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/Caelar but I haven't reached ToB yet. There's a first part in Dragonspear and I kept her alive so that she appears again later. I can't provide more details yet.
    Requires EET though.
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    I feel like this could be a good opportunity for some interesting story options. The reason she stayed behind was to close the gate, right? That means if you could summon her to your side in ToB, then you're effectively rescuing her from Avernus.

How would this not be a cool possible additional side story or quest line?
    @Wayniac I feel like she used as an excuse to avoid facing the consequences of her crimes. She is directly responsible for the deaths of at least hundreds of people, something not even Sarevok could claim as that point. Caelar refused to face her crimes and because she stayed behind, she could pretend it was a noble sacrifice. If the gate could only be opened and closed from that side, the fiends could have escaped at any point. You don't lock a prison cell from the inmates' side.
  • WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
    That's a good point. And one of the issues I have with the game. How the hell is she "Lawful Good" when she joins your party?!

But then it makes even less sense. She'd rather spend a lifetime in hell than atone for her crimes? I just don't get it.
    Whereas a major theme of the series is that being the spawn of an evil god doesn't mean you can't be a good person. SoD posits the mirror of that. Being the spawn of a good deity, belonging to a paladin order, and being raised lawful good, you can still do terrible things and be a bad person. Its an extension of the original series' themes of nature vs. nurture.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think it's because the only way to get the ending which saves her is to redeem her during the final battle in sod. thats what seems to be the case for fallen light anyways.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    It would be great if Beamdog developers add her officially as a recruitable NPC in ToB.

Of course a mod would do it, but since this material was made recently, the devs could hire her original voice actress and write great story content for her.
    I feel that bringing Caelar back is better suited to modding. Her arc was resovled. I'd rather have Beamdog focus on fixing issues that need resolution first (the Soultaker).
  • BrockBrock Member Posts: 10
    Vitor wrote: »
    Is it possible to have Caelar Argent in your party in Throne of Bhaal?

https://baldursextendedworld.com/Caelar/
    With this mod you get the opportunity to save Cealar in Tob
  • MartianTimeSlipMartianTimeSlip Member Posts: 4
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I feel that bringing Caelar back is better suited to modding. Her arc was resovled. I'd rather have Beamdog focus on fixing issues that need resolution first (the Soultaker).

I get the sense new content from Beamdog is unlikely - had SoD sold well enough to get publisher interest in funding more content then I'm sure it would've happened by now. Which is a bummer for integrating SoD more meaningfully into the series and tying up the loose ends around Caelar and the Soultaker dagger