Skip to content

Question on item revisions and Item randomizer mods

RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
Are these compatible?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    They’re compatible. Item Revisions rebalances items while Item Randomisers just moves them around from their normal places.
    RVNS
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    @Artemius_I Thank you for the help!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    *However* in BG2 especially I think some thought was given to the placement of items by the Item Revisions team so you may miss out on some interesting touches by doing 100% randomisation every time.
    RVNS
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2018
    Is this mod compatible with SoD?

For instance: how will SoD AI react to potion of Cold/Fire Resistance? As far as I know, SoD AI relies on opcode #328 to check if a creature is under the effects of these potions..... But Item Revision removes this opcode from those potions and puts a .SPL flagged as Abjurer/Specific Protection (which in turn grants the effects of vanilla potn22/potn02; only opcode #328 is missing). Are these two options equivalent for the AI? ----> Summoning @subtledoctor and/or @kjeron .....
    RVNS
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Luke93 said:

(which in turn grants the effects of vanilla potn22/potn02) ... Are these two options equivalent for the AI?

If that spell includes the spellstate effect, yes, otherwise no.
    However, the AI only checks said spellstate for casting Breach, and the same spellstate is applied by all damage resistance sources. It won't interfere with scripts that checks for specific damage resistance types/amounts. It would also be a waste of the Breach spell IMO, so it may be an improvement to the AI.
    RVNS
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @kjeron You missed my edit to the post: opcode #328 is missing......
    Moreover, with this mod the effects of these potions cannot be dispelled (thus Breach is the only way to nullify them since it can remove SPECIFIC PROTECTION.....) ---> So, this is a problem I guess.....