Skip to content

Things that appear to cause massive FPS drop

0po0ia0po0ia Member Posts: 13
Things like Pixie vfx following the summon and faerie dragon dust seem to a cause a HUGE fps drop. Also things like storm of vengeance and a few other pAoE's seem to cause it too. Why?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2018
    Hello!

Can you please file a bug report with information about your system, client or steam, game version, mods/hak packs you use, and anything else you can think of so that our QA could help you (include information, for example, you mentioned in another thread - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70380/suggestion)?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee
  • 0po0ia0po0ia Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2018
    I did that. The thing is these problems occur regardless of which client I use, I have both steam and beamdog versions. I have no mods, and I use windows 10. literally everyone I play with has the same problem too and I'm sure all of us have different operating systems and specs. Just thought I should rage here too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Thanks for reporting! Hopefully there will be a solution to your problem.
    We're doing some active info gathering on performance. If you're running into severe FPS isues and would like to let us know, please do the following

File a bug in our Redmine tracker specifying:
    1) What kind of impact you're encountering
    2) Where it is happening
    3) If you have or are using custom content
    4) Ideally a savegame in / just before the area you are encountering the issues
    5) General hardware system information
    6) Any kind of metrics or demonstration of performance
    (For example, the video as linked earlier, or hitting the Tilde key to open the command console, and typing "trace fps" to get framerate tracking)
    7) If there are any steps you found alleviated the symptoms, what were they?

Thanks!