Skip to content

Replay value Idea

It would be fun if there were items that could only be obtained in Heart of Fury mode. I see Heart of Fury mode as an added challenge after you've finished the game, especially for multiplayer because who doesn't want to load into Easthaven with a high level character?

Anyway. That's pretty much the idea. Simple as can be. I'll let your imagination come up with what those powerful items only found in HOF are.
StummvonBordwehrO_Bruce

Comments

• IamdorfIamdorf Member Posts: 60
    I didn't know IWDEE didn't have that. Why even do HoF then...
    Tartle_Wizard
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2018
    Its just a difficulty level. It's perfectly doable with level 1 characters.... although unless you give your mages some scrolls by importing item mules from save games, you're pretty much stuck with Sorcerers/Disciples and Shamans/Druids for spellcasting, since even a single triple-class mage will be scroll-starved outside of Heart of Winter
    Tartle_Wizard
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I'm currently working on an IWD:EE mod called Improved Heart of Fury Mode. The mod will power up most items in the game, like Icewind Dale 2's Heart of Fury mode does. It will also make the mode more interesting because most enemies will be powered up in other ways than simply giving them lots of hit points. If you're interested, you can read about it here.
    Rik_KirtaniyaIamdorfTartle_Wizard
  • Tartle_WizardTartle_Wizard Member Posts: 10
    I saw your posts about your mod a while back. It looks like a truly awesome project and I wish you luck in finishing it.
    OlvynChuru