Skip to content

Android Modfile BG1EE v1.3.2070 & 2.5.17.0

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited October 2018 in BG:EE Mods
@Guyfives, give this a go. I essentially put together Unfinished Business, some convient mods and some item mods. Below will list the mods themselves used but the WeiDU.log will tell you the components of the mods that have been installed.

== BG1EE 1.3.2070 (Android) ==
BG1 Unfinished Business
Companion Animals - Druids Gets Pets as well, Name of Pet - 'Slasha'
Chatty Imoen
Wandcase
Thrown Hammers
Distingustable Clubs
Barbed Club of Pain
Convinient Ammunition
Short Sword of Backstabbing
Ioun Stone of Charm Protection
More Style for Mages
Tweaks Anthology
aTweaks
One Pixel Production v4.0.1 Smart Avatar and Armour Switching

To install the mod:

- Download the files to your device.

- place 'BG1EE 1.3.2070 Android ModFile.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

- The Android File Manager you are using will determine the way to unpack the file, but unpack the file into the root of it's current folder keeping the file structure so you will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.ini' (File)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)

and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

- Delete or move 'BG1EE 1.3.2070 Android ModFile.zip' to another folder on your device (as a backup)

You are now ready to test, if the game crashes, then make sure you have moved the modfile as it will clash with the unpacked mod. If the game plays, then you are good to go.

Happy Gaming
Gus

Edit: Updated for 2.5.17.0 in a comment below
Post edited by Gusinda on
GuyfivesNostarielJuliusBorisov

Comments

• GuyfivesGuyfives Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2018
    Hey @Gusinda can you add, something for more mage and sorcerer kits?

P.S I'm loving this.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Guyfives. I can, did you have something in mind? Some mods are only for v2.x but we have put Chaos Sorcerer onto 1.3 (and some other Mage kits).

Do you also want it added to the BG2EE mod (not sure if you grabbed it)?

Gus
    edited July 2018
    Yes, yes, Tome and Blood.
    BGEE BGllEE
    @Gusinda
    Post edited by Guyfives on
    edited July 2018
    @Guyfives, here is version 2. It contains the Tome & Blood, but alost the item restrictions for Clerics & Druid from Tweaks Anothology... Not a biggy.

Gus

Edit: Deleted modfile as it had an error. Look below for updated version.
    Guyfives
    A lost? Lost?
    I love you, no Hetro.
    Game crashes

Wait, should I add or delete?
    @Guyfives, er yes, I didn't mention how to install... Sorry about that!

This is standard for all of the modfiles.

To Install: The method is as for the first post except you need to delete the current mod.
    - Delete 'override folder and lang-en_US.zip
    - Unpack the modfile into the Files folder maintaining folder structure

The error above looks as if the initial dialog.tlk (which is in lang-en_US.zip) is still there.

If you want to play Vanilla, just delete the override folder and lang-en_US.zip.

The part about lost... In Tweaks Anthology, there were 2 components that allowed the Dual/Multiclass Druid and Clerics to use items of the other class. ie: A cleric with a Sword. The install of Tome & Blood didn't allow for these to reinstall. As I said, no biggie..

Hopefully you will be back playing in no time
    Gus
    Hold ye existence! I deleted and reinstalled BG.
    I re-downloading this.
    Tell you how it goes
    So
    edited July 2018

@Gusinda Bottom to top

Still crashes.
    @Guyfives, found an error.

Try this one. Left it as the same name so make sure you delete the previous one on your device. Checked the BG2EE one and it should be fine.

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
    Works thanks
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
    @Gusinda, sorry to inconvenience, but can you update this?
    Hi @Guyfives, no probs. Sorry for delay but I was otherwise occupied. Did you want it as exactly the same mods in the modfile?

Gus
    Guyfives
    Yes!
    Gusinda
    Hi @Guyfives. He is the updated modfile. It should contain exactly the same as the previous except for BG1EE v2.5.17.0.

Let me know if there are any probems.

Enjoy
    Gus
    Guyfives
    I love you, all homo.
    Gusinda
    The sorc class has an invalid issue, place it in the obb right?
    edited October 2018
    @Guyfives, I shall have a look. It shouldn't be place in the .obb, it should go into the data area. Have a look in the first post of this discussion which will give the install instructions.

Hope it works
    Gus

Edit: Yeah, had a look and I am not getting any invalid text during character creation. Is this where you were getting it?
    Guyfives
  • FarrescorpioFarrescorpio Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Gusinda. New at the forum and was browsing to find a good mod for bgee 2.5.17.0. I came across this thread. I tried using the mod above but got these errors:

*Invalid error on sorcerer kits on char creation

*Imoen when she moves to a new location(says invalid xxxxx in the text box)

* Invalid text on the auto-save file

*Invalid text on description of the bhal-spawn skills on my character (started an enchanter, not sure if it matters?).

I did everything according to your instructions and it seems to be working except for these errors that I have found thus far. I have not played past the prologue though.

Do you have time to check it perhaps and see what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

vjdh8yxzj6p3.png

ppulgeps06c2.png

8hko5znrac1q.png

p9mu2t963s5a.png

Post edited by Farrescorpio on
    Guyfives
    Hi @Farrescorpio, welcome to the forum. There is a problem with the mod as it keeps on crashing on my device. Not sure what the problem may (the mod works on the PC...). The most co-incidental thing is that I only removed that modfile from my system yesterday! I was doing a bit of a housecleaning and thought that that it was done and dusted (probably at the same time you were trying it). Oh well.

Rather then rebuild this exactly as it was, would you like to put in a request for a custom modfile? There are a couple of modfiles already in the forum but not sure whether you are chasing something that is dialog related, kit or quest (or a mixture). The best thing is let me know what you want and I will build one. Just post it in this discussion. It usually doesn't take long to make.

Gus
    GuyfivesFarrescorpio
    @Farrescorpio

Here's some advice.

Gusinda stands for I in a G-us, Gus is Jesus. He can work files like a god, admittedly there's the occasional bug but he irons it out.
    Farrescorpio
    @Guyfives, thanks for the words of kindess :blush: Probably a bit too far with the reference to Jesus and a god... I am just a cleric doing my chaotic duty!

Gus
  • FarrescorpioFarrescorpio Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2019
    @Gusinda Thanks! Ok, I see well I would love a custom modfile if you are up for it? I would like mods such as Tome and blood, class rebalancing, altering progression tables, un-nerfing, druid improvements etc. Also the unlock classes/kits for all races, auto-changing armor, stackable items, remove weapon restriction and basically as many tweaks and stuff as you can find time for from Guyfives modfile.

I have checked some of the other modfiles but they seem to be more NPC, difficulty and quest oriented while Guyfives modfile is more what I would like minus the invalid stuff ;) . Preferably that it can work both for bg1 and bg2 if possible as I plan to play both with my char.

Happy with whatever you can give me!

@Guyfives, lol so I have noticed around the forum. So I am really hoping he can work miracles again here :) Btw did it work for you in the end? Your mod file? I can see that you also had some invalid errors at some point there...