Skip to content

Estimated Release Date for Andriod. Retina display compatible?

SpookieUkieSpookieUkie Member Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Android (Archive)
I love this game and for sure will pick it up. I was hoping to get it for android, but that depends on:
1) How well the game plays on tablets
2) When it gets released

Is there an rough estimated release date for the andriod devices?
Otherwise I will get it for mac or pc
On a another note, how will the game look on a mac with retina display?

Keep up the hard work!

Comments

• MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Twitter won't load Trent Oster's old tweets right now, but as I recall, the aim is to release date on all platforms simultaneously. Specifically for the iPad, it was stated that the platform-dependent code is quite minimal, a few pages at most.

Of course Android users are in the dark right now, what with Google Play not allowing preorders and there not yet being a list of supported devices.
  • power87power87 Member Posts: 2
    so i will find the game on the 18th sept in google play?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Probably not. It depends on Google. Amazon Store is known to take near a month before adding software, for instance.
  • GamblingGnomeGamblingGnome Member Posts: 1
    power87 said:

so i will find the game on the 18th sept in google play?

I don't think the Android version has a release date yet... September 18th is the PC version. Android version is still listed as TBA unfortunately.

As soon as they announce it, I would assume it would be on the Play Store on release day.
  • quiner87quiner87 Member Posts: 5
    With the now delayed release date, is there any word that the Android version will be released at the same time as the other platforms?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I would like to know about the Android release date as well. I find it strange that the home page still lists it as TBA even after the delay on the other platforms. In other forum posts the developers have said they are already testing the Android version on the Nexus 7. Since the major part of the coding is already done, I would like to know what is the hold up that is preventing them from posting a release date.
    Anton
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    In fairness the Mac and iPad only says "November", so we really don't have a day on that either, but I think with the amount of time between now and November 30th, They will be trying to get the same release for all platforms, but I don't think they want to give a release date yet since at release it probably wont support all devices of Android, so it's easier for now to just say "TBA" than give a list of devices and when they are expected to release.
  • quiner87quiner87 Member Posts: 5
    Found this in an unrelated thread where someone was quoting Trent:
    Jalily said:

Quoted from the Ship Date Delay thread:

We're going to further fix the major outstanding bugs between now and release. In our overhaul of the codebase we've introduced many new bugs which we've been fixing as we go, but more continue to crop up all the time. Every time you touch code, you add bugs.
    The contractual changes were required for us to push the date back, not to make any additional changes to the game.
    The plan from here out is to fix bugs, polish the game to the level of quality expected of a major release and then ship the game on all platforms.

-Trent

He says the game will be shipped on all platforms, but that doesn't necessarily mean at the same time I guess.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    In theory our game should scale to any resolution without problems. A retina mac display - it might look a little blocky due to the increased display fidelity, I suppose, but I think it should be alright.

One of the guys has one in the office here - we'll do some testing on it prior to release.
    Animewarelars_rosenberg
  • HemiHemi Member Posts: 8
    if they're adapting BGEE to resolutions like iPad3/4 have, what will be with Nexus 10? it have even higher resolution