Skip to content

UI changes and regressions

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited November 2019 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Post edited by lefreut on

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    After patiently hoping that the UI would get some needed attention soon, this is extremely disappointing to hear.
    :'(
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2018
    It is sad to see these regressions, as I believe modders could do some phenomenal things if the UI system was a bit more flexible, (and bug free, of course!).

Personal rant /on

One of the things I've experienced while trying to port my spell menu mod to Icewind Dale (v2.5) is that the devs internalized the spell entries in the spell book behind a spellinfo keyword. My mod needs to slip in-between this spell information and the UI to work - and by hiding it behind some hardcoded behavior, it is pretty much impossible for me to implement my mod - I would literally have to completely rewrite the spell book to get something feasible. Maybe this is just temporary, maybe it isn't, I just hope the devs won't rely on hardcoding too many things in the future; especially things that weren't hardcoded to begin with (in other games).

Personal rant /off (please forgive me)

I think you've done a great job in highlighting some of the flaws in the system - I just hope that the devs will take notice. As always, great work!
    Post edited by Bubb on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @lefreut Have you made a ticket for it? I assume its unintentional, as the devs braged about how 2.x made modding the UI easier.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    They start breaking UI mods, one of the few features that was worth it in 2.x UI. For that, bring us back 1.3 UI instead :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Snowy2 said:

They start breaking UI mods, one of the few features that was worth it in 2.x UI. For that, bring us back 1.3 UI instead :)

*whispers* I prefer the 2.x UI.
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
  • Snowy2Snowy2 Member Posts: 7
    lefreut said:

lefreut said:

Opened 36559 for the list rendering regression.

And as expected, it has been switch to feature request. So I guess it won't be fixed anytime soon...
    I really like your mods, it's a great job. I hope they rethink about this.
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    lefreut said:

IWDEE 2.5 is released and BG2EE 2.5 should be released next week and none of these bugs have been fixed. So I guess we will have to live with these regressions for a long time.

Unfortunately you were right...
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited October 2018
    Let's hope these get fixed in v2.6.

I'm already very disappointed in the state of the UI as it is, and this makes it even worse. So far, unfortunately, it's been up to the community to shake the 2.0 UI into an acceptable shape, but some of these issues impose additional hard limits on what can be fixed.