Skip to content

"original game remains untouched"

13»

Comments

• RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    @Aosaw well as you can't link the holes in your head and sound together I will tell you in layman's terms... Ears and sight orbs are eyes just in case you didn't see where I was going with that.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    @Quarts I agree I loved both games but 2 could have had more open areas to explore rather then dungeons and cities but it was still a great game.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    Aosaw said:

@Quartz I think he's referring to Dragon Age's advances in graphics and tactical combat more than its story or characters.

Sorry, but what advances in tactical combat in DA are you referring to? To me it seems that combat in Dragon Age was far more hack&slay and far less tactical than in BG.

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Aosaw said:

BG2:EE isn't an "if"; it's already been negotiated and contracted, and will be released sometime in 2013.

Just because something has been negotiated and contracted doesn't mean it's going to come up. NBA Live 2013, for example, just got canned.

My point was just that because a lot of the bigger issues keeping a game from coming out are already taken care of still doesn't ensure anything. We knew for sure BG:EE was coming out earlier this month until a last minute delay (or so it was relayed to us) pushed it back a full two months.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Ashendil said:

The OP came here seemingly without a semblance of an idea what BG:EE is about, presenting ridiculous ideas of how to make BG "better" by forcing it into a very different gaming engine, which would make it a completely different game, confusing "newer" and and "modern" with "better" and "progress" and frankly just completely disregarding what this project is about and what most people here are looking forward to.
    And now you come here and call all those people who are looking forward to Infinity Engine gameplay by calling them zealots.

To me, both you and the OP are trolls.

Ashendil said:

My sympathy to the OP who clearly had no idea he was entering a forum of utter zealotry :p Some truly nauseating posts here and there, well done guys.

@QD5555 - yeah a lot of people were disappointed about e.g. no new graphics, (supposedly) not much in the way of BG2 style banter for old NPCs, just one kit (apparently) being added, etc. but that was months ago and now people are just looking forward to whatever it is we're getting.

The OP came here seemingly without a semblance of an idea what BG:EE is about, presenting ridiculous ideas of how to make BG "better" by forcing it into a very different gaming engine, which would make it a completely different game, confusing "newer" and and "modern" with "better" and "progress" and frankly just completely disregarding what this project is about and what most people here are looking forward to.
    And now you come here and call all those people who are looking forward to Infinity Engine gameplay by calling them zealots.

To me, both you and the OP are trolls.
    [below is a mostly off topic text that can be skipped with little consequence]

Okay then. Well I think you should probably research a little more into what the term "troll" means. The OP giving his own opinion on what he would have liked BG:EE to be isn't trolling just because it conflicts with your opinion. The only thing he was guilty of was not knowing everything about BG:EE and IMO jumping down someone's throat with mean-spirited, sarcastic responses due to that makes that poster a bit of a jerk if nothing else IMO. By the way, I'm not really some kind of grinch as you made me out to be, most people managed to hold back their DA:O-induced vomiting, for example, and made cool posts.

Yeah the word zealot came to mind because people seem just a bit too enthusiastic about this. Any criticism, however constructive or valid, feels largely unwelcome on this forum due to a crowd of very defensive people. In fact anyone suggesting a desire for anything other than what we are getting seems to consistently get jumped. Being "super stoked" about the game doesn't (or IMO shouldn't) make you more welcome here than someone who also likes BG but maybe hoped for, say, an extra kit or two. If reading topics which aren't 100% supportive of BG:EE being the best game in existence and utterly perfect (or similar) makes people uncomfortable or upset, I'd suggest they don't read them at all rather than coming in like the werewolves on Balduran's isle "you do not Belong, foolish DA:O lover". That seems more like trolling to me and it's pretty stifling.

I wanted to reply to something a bit more on-topic but I'm too sleepy to now so, that's that.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2012

[below is a [...] text that can be skipped with little consequence]

Agree.
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    while I admit that DAO was a great game, i don't think that using it's engine and graphics to remake BG1 would add any real substance to the game. People loved the original infinity engine, they loved the characters which were very memorable, and they loved the story... the graphics were way down on a list of why they enjoyed the game in the first place. I agree with most people here that the original content should remain largely untouched because when we play the game, we want to see, hear, feel, and experience the game that made us fall in love with the genre so long ago
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This also doesn't touch the fact that using the Origins engine would then require another third party to be involved, since Bioware owns the rights to that.