Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The lack of real life giant hamster memes is... disturbing. Capybaras need moar love! :(
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Metalloman
    I sure need one of those.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Cantab said:

I think I just might be the only person on this forum who kills Jaheira so I can keep Khalid....
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @sepotter you would be incorrect sir, I do it ALL the time as well, now if she had her bg2 17 dex in bg1, then I might have kept her around........
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I've got no use for Jahs if she isn't willing to work on her flexibility... Do some yoga, woman! I bet Viconia can do it, maybe I should ask her!

Well, judging by her improvement in bg2, she probably benefitted from the tough love. Also, her husband was dead, and I wasn't going to let her leave the party.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    So to the person who mentioned NWN2, any classes you recommend? I plan to take it to MotB which I heard very good things about if that matters.
    @blackchimes I would recommend any class that does good melee damage because in MotB
    there is some whacky soul draining jargon that your main character will eventually have to do to stay alive, and a friend of mine played the game with a warlock and said that it was horrible because the soul draining thingy only works if you kill a creature with a melee attack, and this will be necessary because basically the whole expansion is about the soul draining thingy
    and that is why on your first playthrough of MotB a fighter type character class might be better, and once you get a feel for the expansion, then you could go for a different type class
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    sarevok57 said:

@blackchimes I would recommend any class that does good melee damage because in MotB

there is some whacky soul draining jargon that your main character will eventually have to do to stay alive, and a friend of mine played the game with a warlock and said that it was horrible because the soul draining thingy only works if you kill a creature with a melee attack, and this will be necessary because basically the whole expansion is about the soul draining thingy
    and that is why on your first playthrough of MotB a fighter type character class might be better, and once you get a feel for the expansion, then you could go for a different type class
    False.
    You gain a special power to devour those souls when they're weak, spellcaster or not.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @blackchimes
    I would maybe recommend a rouge, because you don't get a real lockpicker companion (kaji can pick some locks, but only the easy ones). I personally turned off the the soulmeter via cheat, because I didn't quite understood how the whole devouering worked (sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't and I had no idea why :I ).
    Anyway, I played with a Divinator/ Arcane Schoolar of Candlekeep, that worked out just fine. Sure, there are traps and locks that can't be dealt with but that stuff won't harm you anyway at that point :I
    @Drugar ah I see, I wasn't sure, I had a friend play the expansion and he said he had a tough time with it, for that reason, I never got that far in the expansion so I couldn't know for sure
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Metalloman
    As @SCARY_WIZARD said, feed us with more cat memes, please!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Blackchimes.

If you want an easy, fun to play and effective build this'll work just fine;

http://nwn2db.com/build/?89573

Bonus is you don't even need a rogue NPC as you can do all the rogue stuff yourself (apart from sneak attacking but you'll be chainsawing through enemies so fast yourself that sneak attacking will be of limited value - especially in the undead heavy campaign of the campaigns).
This discussion has been closed.