Skip to content

Crash after main battle (potential spoiler)

RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
Sup dudes.

I've played the game relatively thoroughly without any bugs or crashes. I also beat the black pits with no crashes.

But, after killing Sarevok the game crashes like 2 seconds after.

I'm assuming that the game tries to load the final video, but crashes. All other videos load fine though.

I was playing around with the dump.dmp file and found this string "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access".

I installed a giberling3 mod (bg2_tweaks-v10) and the mod works fine, but maybe this is causing the problem.

I'm curious to hear anyone else's thoughts. Has anyone encountered a crash to desktop after killing Sarevok?

Thanks!

PS: I am playing on windows 7 64bit.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Did you send the crash dump to the dump mailbox ( beamdmp@gmail.com) ?
    I don't think this is a rank A bug if it was a mod that caused it, but crash bugs were fixed before, and it isn't sure it was the mod.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • ThessianThessian Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 60
    The game crash after the death of Sarevok.
    If you got a crash dump upload it somewhere, or send it to beamdmp@gmail.com with as much info as you can on what did you do before that happened.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gigurragigurra Member Posts: 4
    I finally killed Sarevok, YES, so I was hoping for a new cutscene before marching on into the black pits. Instead.
    The game crashed :( (the first time I might add). Unfortunately I have no clue what particular conditions may have caused this, so I wonder if anyone else has encountered this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zheerszheers Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hi,
    I have killed him twice now, both times resulted in it crashing after give the exporting characters message. Any one else having this most annoying problem?

After many hours of game play, finishing it, then crashing is incredibly.... *insert rant here*
    But crashing like this does give you the feeling of a good old 1990's game. I remember never finish gabrail knight and xcom due to end scene crashs.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Moving this to BGEE bugs. All I can tell you is, grab the .dmp file from Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\crash and e-mail it to beamdmp@gmail.com along with your message. :(
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    I crash a ridiculous amount at the end game battle. Usually right as the game tries to make a final save (both on single and multiplayer) the game crashes, by which I mean it freezes and I cant do anything but end task it.
    Once it created a final save, just once out of maybe 10 attempts. Also sometimes it crashes right as Sarevok dies, before giving the Sarevok is dead message.
    If you get a crash dump, mail it to beamdmp@gmail.com or support@beamdog.com
    Also write that you were in multi or single player and at the end of the final battle.
    How do I get a crash dump?
    If the game created one, it shows a screen like this.
    The path should point to the actual file you have to mail. Alternatively you can upload it to some internet file store and post the link here.

If you don't see this popup, but some other mentioning 'assertion', make a screenshot instead, and send that.
    Nah, nothing comes up. Just freezes, tried leaving it but nothing ever happened. Thanks anyways though :)
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Observed: Sarevok dies, game makes final save, game sometimes play final movie, game crashes

Intended: Go back to menu? Credits?

Interestingly, if I load the final save, it pushes me back to the menu without crashing. Anyway, I did the final battle twice with two crashes, but the game only created one dmp. First time it crashed before the movie, second time afterward. This is the only point at which my game has crashed. Couldn't find the post containing the crash e-mail address, so I thought to just post it here.

http://www.2shared.com/file/K1eQGxH3/dump20100000.html
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Shandyr
    Ack, sorry, I'm an idiot. It must be too late for me to think straight. I actually ctrl-F'd the list for "Sarevok" and "End." "Crash" would have worked. Damn BGEE keeping me till 4 am so I can "finish" :)

Of course, going back I noticed the e-mail address too, so shame on me.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Threads have been merged.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Seriously tho the game crashed when sarevok died... known bug?
    edited December 2012
    Just finished my first playthrough of BGEE, been a great revisit! However the ending when Sarevok dies, the dialog of "sarevok" is like: I am defeated! Noooes! PS: I made a savegame and some other cool stuff so you can reload and beat me again...

And... Game crashed...

Meh of an ending

Probably a know bug but here it is reported again.
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    Same happened to me too, don't worry your better off watching the original video on youtube anyway.
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    Ahh so if you merge it with another post, my original post disseapears from the "My Discussions" in the menu?

Because i thought I had written about the bug yesterday, but this morning I checked for replies, but it was gone from the "My Discussions" menu, so I figured that it wasent originally posted, that i forgot to hit post or something :) Thats why I posted it againg now. But makes sense. Thanks for merging.
    edited December 2012
  • XianduXiandu Member Posts: 2
    got the final save but now when i go to reload it, i get bumped out to the main menu, how am i suppose to go onto the totsc now if it keeps dumping out?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Just gonna say that this is still happening as of patch 2011. Defeated Sarevok & Co and game crashed few seconds later.