Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Status Update (December 3rd, 2012)

Comments

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654

Most laptops I've seen allow to choose between which graphics card is used in nVidia control panel.

This does solve the issue for many people, but ideally they shouldn't have to mess around with that.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @PhillipDaigle What's the point in having it if you are not gonna use it for something ;)

Though, I think it is great that you are looking into other options rather than saying "It works this way, do it this way or miss out". Much better attitude from you guys, it rocks :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Ironic that they are having all these graphic card problems, considering that BGII had similar graphic acceleration problems a decade ago!
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    Any chance you can look into sound problems I'm experiencing on a SoundMAX card - audio shuddering on zones especially but also during loading screens of any variety and sometimes while switching between panes. Also crackling during cutscenes (video problems there too). Good luck with sorting out the bugs.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Big thanks to PhillipDaigle for his help

:)
  • ErliqhErliqh Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    @Aosaw
    Well considering I got my refund and my bank rules y'all can go fu'ck ya'self m'kay?

~Erliqh
    Post edited by Erliqh on
  • ohmigoshohmigosh Member Posts: 5
    just ignore the bugs and address the shitty coding that is this 'updated' game
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    @PhillipDaigle, hang in there, dude.

For one keyboard warrior, this game's already been worth my money. I can't report anything I'd call a bug and although I will admit to experiencing some general weirdness (not to be unexpected in a 15-year old game), it's all been worth the long wait just to experience what fun Baldur's Gate is again. A few minutes into playing, I laughed off the cheesy graphics and embraced the fun! The new characters are great and the glory of the Infinity Engine shows off the excellent writing and effort at creating an engaging experience never achieved since. Baldur's Gate was a labor of love for the original writers as much as it is for you folks now and it shows.

Thanks again for working so hard to satisfy those folks who have the misfortune in not experiencing the game as it's meant to be played. I'm sure you'll make them believers in time.

In the meantime, throw back a few (or 8) and get some sleep. Your party's reputation has increased 2.
  • mixnmatchmixnmatch Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    swnmcmlxi said:

Playing BG1 Tutu on my Win 7 laptop is like trudging along the countryside on an old, wobbly bike - the scenery may be wonderful, but it's hard work and, at times, slow progress. BGEE is more like a cool Italian guy in Armani on a fast scooter driving past, waving, and going 'Ciao!'. Enhanced it is. As your hard work continues, more and more people will experience the same.
    Also, @PhillipDaigle and @Dave: good work indeed on the new NPCs!

Is that an Eddy Izzard Ciao?
  • cyrus213cyrus213 Member Posts: 16
    i sympathize with you phil but i wish we couldve seen this coming before i bought the game. I know you feel bad but being in an office with a job you like isnt the worst. I hate my job, im so stressed my head is about to pop and i just got a summons from a collection agency and i just want to settle down and relieve some stress by playing some baldurs gate. Please someone from the team help cam out, i would if i could but apparently not.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    mixnmatch said:

swnmcmlxi said:

Playing BG1 Tutu on my Win 7 laptop is like trudging along the countryside on an old, wobbly bike - the scenery may be wonderful, but it's hard work and, at times, slow progress. BGEE is more like a cool Italian guy in Armani on a fast scooter driving past, waving, and going 'Ciao!'. Enhanced it is. As your hard work continues, more and more people will experience the same.
    Also, @PhillipDaigle and @Dave: good work indeed on the new NPCs!

Is that an Eddy Izzard Ciao?
    Well spotted, Bruce!
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for all the hard work, guys. The continuous stream of hotfixes from you guys and temporary workarounds/tips from the community here have been really great.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I too would like to throw in my thanks and appreciation for your team's hard work not only on developing and releasing what is perhaps my favorite game of 2012, but also diligently working to fix the issues that have been being reported with it. I have successfully installed the game on my desktop and one of my laptops and have had nothing but minor issues which have been quickly resolved.

I have been trying to help those that I can on the BeamDog forums because they seem to be under the impression that support is non-existent. Any issues that do pop up on the forum, that I think I can help, I try to help them with. I also try to convince those demanding refunds that they need to have some patience and to check this forum out instead for more detailed updates. I want you guys to succeed and I will pour the small amount of time I can into helping you guys out, as I feel it is the least I can do.

I greatly look forward to Baldur's Gate II, the Icewind Dale series, etc. You can expect me to be a loyal customer, fan, and in a very small way, comrade fighting the good fight with you.

Though my word is only the word of one man and one software engineer who knows the pains of releasing new software, I want you to know that however minor my word is, it is sincere. Keep up the good work, you guys are doing something incredible and no one can take that away from you.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2012

We love Baldur's Gate as much as the most die-hard fan

@PhillipDaigle Take a look to these screens (vanilla BG1).

The "spawn points" in BGEE ? One xvart, one hobgoblin, one gnoll...

>> You are NOT a die-hard fan of BG1, you are a fan of Pokemon.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @Aosaw Ok.. I wait to see the result.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Any idea when the next patch will be? Would be nice to play BGEE over the weekend but the zones are way too empty atm for them to be enjoyable for me personally.
  • BrightNightBrightNight Member Posts: 36
    I did not yet buy the game, but i will do so after some things are fixed. Keep up the good work guys, thanks for all the hard work and dedication. You have my respect!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The nine hells hath no fury like that of a BGer scorned. :)

Ps. I await the monster hoards to return.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Aosaw said:

@Kerozevok
    The spawn points are seeing a fix in the next patch.

Hopefully it comes tonight :)

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I'm a couple patches behind. Have any of the broken quests/journal entries been fixed yet, or are they still one of the lower priorities?
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    some issues when going back to the keep at the start... trouble selecting your squad ect... once your done with the iron throne peeps it works out fine but for the first 1-6 levels of the keep this issue occurs
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2012
    @kerozevok...I haven't played vanilla bg1 in a while but I do not remember ever seeing such large spawns other than the xvart village and 1 or 2 other places. I have never seen ogres travelling with wolves or what look like direwolves in a pack with what might possibly be undead or those annoying twits you run into doing the 5 mine maps after the bandit camp(Tasloi?). What maps did you encounter those spawns in? I only recognize the gnoll fortress in 1 of the pics.

It's quite possible that that wasn't the point you were making with those screenies as after perusing through the bug reports, 60% of which seem repetetive and a few aren't even bugs at all, i was too tired to read all 5 pages of this post.

@erliqh....nice attitude moron.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Erliqh has been banned based on some abusive messages sent to the site's staff; there's no need for retaliations against him.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

And keep in mind as we develop for Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, we will be back-porting improvements from the sequel into Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Now that's what I call great support. I can't say that the BG:EE launch hasn't had its problems, but it's very reassuring to know how hard you guys are working to resolve them.

Thank you @PhillipDaigle, your efforts are truly appreciated.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    i like the ee. i like the lights. i like the colored markers. i like the new journal, especially the full editor functionality, finally i can write üs. i like the implementation of modding/bgt features withour causing buggy or unrealistic behavior in the games happenings. i like the new sound. and probably i like it much more because i use english language version this time (i mostly played german before).

but i do agree with the defenders of the mobs! the screenshots: the first one is a hord of gibberlings south of the raiders hq, maybee peldvale, they even had some slaughtered guy on arock nearby. the gnoll fortress was a huge massacre for me, though the reload-bug was part of it. the ogres with wolfes are at a area full of ogre-like creatures somewhere near beregost, a palladin in jolly jugler meantions them, i think. the last one were the usual skelettons around high hedge.

i remember theese places from my very first schooltime addiction (wich lastet maybe a year)! The thing is it's scripted or let's say story-related encounters. that'S the reason they should be restored.
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    Aeschylus said:

some issues when going back to the keep at the start... trouble selecting your squad ect... once your done with the iron throne peeps it works out fine but for the first 1-6 levels of the keep this issue occurs

thats normal, you don't get in there without a nice book ;)
  • FWHJamesFWHJames Member Posts: 29
    How large is the patch? Or are there patch notes some where I can read?
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    High love the game thanks for keeping up with the patchies to make it perfect but I have something completely different to say. Today at 5:47 est my baby girl was born
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Rajick said:

High love the game thanks for keeping up with the patchies to make it perfect but I have something completely different to say. Today at 5:47 est my baby girl was born

Congratulations!
    When she reaches two years old you should dual class her into mage.

This discussion has been closed.