Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Status Update (December 3rd, 2012)

12346»

Comments

• vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    cyrus213 said:

i sympathize with you phil but i wish we couldve seen this coming before i bought the game. I know you feel bad but being in an office with a job you like isnt the worst. I hate my job, im so stressed my head is about to pop and i just got a summons from a collection agency and i just want to settle down and relieve some stress by playing some baldurs gate. Please someone from the team help cam out, i would if i could but apparently not.

FYI, better check your paperwork. A collection agency can't send a summons; only a court can do that. If it really is a summons, don't ignore it. If it purports to be a summons but didn't come from a court, refer them to your local prosecutor because it's probably a violation of state law.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    vortican said:

FYI, better check your paperwork. A collection agency can't send a summons; only a court can do that. If it really is a summons, don't ignore it. If it purports to be a summons but didn't come from a court, refer them to your local prosecutor because it's probably a violation of state law.

That escalated quickly!
    --
    Phillip, I know a part of you is joking but I cant believe anyone here gets happier because of your suffering! Your self-esteem can rise a bit because I've been playing on nvida and ati without major problems. cursor disappearing is fixed. Well the enemies still 'spawn' 1 at a time but yea quite fun, good work!
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    ajwz said:

Congratulations!
    When she reaches two years old you should dual class her into mage.

Oh that's a givin and using the crappy hospital Internet to finally download the game that's what you call a win win lol
  • cyrus213cyrus213 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    Vortican, i thought that was an attack at first lol.. i need to stop going on this blog late at night i get all grumpy :p, youre right i misprinted what actually happened, a collections lawyer attained a summons from a civil court. Thanks for the heads up though
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    I don't know how anyone would have mistook that as an attack, but I digress. No big deal though; hope it all works out for you. Those types of things are usually not as big of a deal as they might seem.
  • cyrus213cyrus213 Member Posts: 16
    FYI is quite derogatory, but no probs... i just wanna play bg... and if i saw someone whining like i was i would attack them anyway lol just a bad night.
  • LongLankinLongLankin Member Posts: 9
    Since the last patch my game is running very well. My son who recently played the original version, for which I still have the cds, says that BGEE is less buggy and he loves having the tweaks from BG2 in the first game.
    I say to the whole team, and Mr Daigle in particular, great work, and great comunication, and a big thankyou.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Ok done downloading been playing 2 days now lucky enough to not have any bugs so far :) whooo
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I guess I missed out on all the "fun"

But, I downloaded this game the day it was released and haven't had a major problem yet.

Beaten the game once, and taken 4 other characters from anywhere from 20%-80% through the game.
  • Ronin13Ronin13 Member Posts: 53
    I've been mulling this over and decided to give Overhaul a lot of credit for having an employee publicly make a statement like this. Corporations generally will not admit fault unless the evidence is overwhelming & sometimes not even then. The tragedy of Mass Effect 3 earlier this year is a big case in point for gaming. Bioware clearly dropped the ball, but their public response was, "We know how whiny and entitled you gamers are, but because we're so magnanimous we'll meet you halfway & clarify our awesome artistic vision, which you were obviously too stupid to get." But Beamdog's admission of issues & determination to fix them as well & as timely as they can is very refreshing. You guys deserve cupcakes as well. :D
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    sounds like you are either working on BG2:EE or about to, so the question is: where do i go to send you my money?
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    I will admit my disappointment in the added wait for my pre-order following reneging on the initial release date which was compounded by the buggy form in which it was finally released.

However, the efforts put forth since then have been very much appreciated and the forthright communication about future commitment to the game has assuaged my trepidation.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Please fix custom soundsets not working
  • ToySoldierManToySoldierMan Member Posts: 16
    I have a Dell XPS Gen 2 Laptop (256mb Geforce GO 7800 gtx vid)... works perfect with the exception of studdering movie videos. Just figured I would send along some good news. Hopefully the bugs get worked out on the other players.
  • RighteousFuryRighteousFury Member Posts: 3
    Absolutely excellent work! I have not had a single issue since purchasing the game 5 days ago. It runs like a champ and only bug I have is a minor bit of artifacting around portraits... only lasts for a second or two and then is gone, so not a problem. Thank you for all of your effort and hard work! I will definitley be purchasing BG2:EE when it becomes available.

P.S. You might wish to consider putting a warning somewhere that details the eventual ass-chewing from girlfriends/wives... just saying.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    edited January 2013
    Does anyone know if future patches might work similar to wedui's intelligent logging and exception handling such that future patches and mods will play nice together?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    BGEE patches always go into bifs and should be the first layer, the patch process also deletes everything from the override. So, you just have to reapply all weidu mods and everything goes back to 'normal'.
    I can't see that BGEE patches will ever come as a WeiDU patch.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013

BGEE patches always go into bifs and should be the first layer, the patch process also deletes everything from the override. So, you just have to reapply all weidu mods and everything goes back to 'normal'.

@Avenger_teambg

I have custom portraits for the NPCs in my override, and they are still there after the update.

If this supposed to happen? Is it because some extensions like .bmp are ignored?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited January 2013
    @Erg i have absolutely no idea. I thought all files in the override (and everything in the 764 directory) were supposed to be deleted. To me it totally deletes the override (folder too) - though i use the beta version.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013

@Erg i have absolutely no idea. I thought all files in the override (and everything in the 764 directory) were supposed to be deleted. To me it totally deletes the override (folder too) - though i use the beta version.

@Avenger_teambg

An other difference it's that my directory is called 00766, but I guess that may depend on you having a beta version too.

It would be nice if someone could confirm which files can be kept in the override across updates though.

Edit: Or if there is something wrong with my install.
  • renaakrenaak Member Posts: 8
    The 207 files of a GUI update are still in my override directory after two or maybe three updates.
This discussion has been closed.