Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited February 2013
    Sorry for double post but just hit me with new idea.

I realize that it could be impossible because of font issues, but is there a chance to put a font that looks like a handwriting? That would be a hell of immersion:)
    Hell, maybe it's possible, finally You managed to put an unusual font with "Known/Memorized" words in spellbook. I'm not good with technicalities but thought it's worth mentioning such idea:)
    If it's not possible just let us know, I'll make a peace with it quickly.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited February 2013
    The journal sucks! For some reason the developers limited where I can move one of the most important main elements of text and its really screwing with my design concept. You can move all other elements of text execpt for the main body of text under quest. Whats the point in moving anything if you cant move the main part?! Going to have to improvise...
    edited February 2013
    @Cahir - I like your idea of a book but unfortunately I wont be able to move the text to the correct areas of a book to make it look right. If you read my previous post above it explains my limited ability in the journal. The font you are seeing is a graphic and not a true in game font. I wish we could change fonts but once again limited. Thanks for the feedback.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Ouch, it seems that devs didn't make work easy for You @Archaic...

Nevertheless I still have hope You'll find workaround to move main text and make a perfect journal for v6.0 beta:) Thumbs up!

If anything new comes to my mind I'll post it. Now I'm going into lurking mode again:)
    edited February 2013
    Ran into an issue with the journal design concept and I'm working to get it resolved before moving forward.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Is it possible to add next to each completed component in BETA 6 link for final screenshot. Like:
    Mage Book: COMPLETE http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9315/magebookbeta6.jpg
    This would allow those who don't read all posts in this topic see results of your work.
    @Etamin - Excellent idea. I'll get it added. Thanks.
    Alright so I resolved the issues with the journal and in the process learned a lot and discovered some fixes for some other issues.

I discovered that we can change the fonts in BGEE. It turns out I was wrong and we are not restricted. However creating fonts for BGEE is a very huge labor intensive project. You need to have 3 files in your override folder in order to use a font mod in BGEE: .bmp, .bam and .fnt files. I was not aware that you needed all 3. This also means that I may be able to correct the dash mark bug in the current larger font mod.

• Jodien37Jodien37 Member Posts: 17
    Great news. I'd like to see better fonts especially in the journal.
    Take a look at this Journal Bug I found: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15969/journal-quest-list-bug

Are you experiencing the same bug?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Just wanted to pass by and say this is fantastic work. I wish you were on Overhaul doing the BG2:EE UI.
    edited February 2013
    @Zeckul - Thanks, much appreciated. Stop by more often and feel free to offer your feedback on the BETA 6 screenshots.
  • Jodien37Jodien37 Member Posts: 17
    Archaic said:

Take a look at this Journal Bug I found: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15969/journal-quest-list-bug

Are you experiencing the same bug?

Yeah I had it more than a few times, in fact it nearly made my journal useless throughout the game.
    I think I'm going to stop working on the Journal for now. I need to wait until the next patch comes out because its so buggy. I guess I'll start on the map...
    edited February 2013
    I've decided to redesign the BG Main Menu, Start, Save/Load and Options screens for BETA 6. This should only add on a few days but it is needed.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    bootifull!
    @Kenze - Thanks!
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    The developers can be ashamed when this piece of art is done. :)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Looking good.

Tutorial button ;)
    edited February 2013
    @Balquo - If you need the tutorial button I would recommend the default stock GUI. ;)
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    I REALLY LOVE YOU!!! :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    As a fan of Nat Jones work I like the inclusion of the FAinn and other pictures... where did you get the dragon from?
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Also, did you enquire about the position of UI artist on the dev team? I think they were looking for one but it was in house only..
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    Archaic said:

@Balquo - If you need the tutorial button I would recommend the default stock GUI. ;)

Would it be that much extra work to add a button for the tutorial?

I have a couple of friends that I've convinced to wait to play BG:EE for the first time until the NPC mod and SCS are out and I would really love to get them to use your GUI mod from the start. Not everyone is used to modding and some people would provably not install your mod if it they have to play before without it for the tutorial.
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Cant wait for the day when there is going to be youre 1080p version out - youre making me happy! :)
    edited February 2013
    Archaic Start Screen for BETA 6 New screenshot coming...

Post edited by Archaic on
This discussion has been closed.